PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cipher chris

New Altar Of Plagues - more fractured and dissonant than the last couple, I like it a lot.

Last comp. tape on Posh Isolation, 'Belgrade Is The World' - B-side in particular is excellent thanks to Blodvite, Age Coin and Puce Mary.

John Mannion tapes & LP - consistently fantastic.

New IFOTS - the B side really does it for me.  Another step forwards/sideways.

Levas

Umpio - Sauna CD (Terror/Obscurex) heh. That's a damn good album.

PBK - Warfare State / Appeal 2xCS (Impulsy Stetoskopu) - interesting recordings. Some of them just pure lo-fi enjoyment, some of them less, but all in all good tapes

The Haters / La Cyanescence CS (Impulsy Stetoskopu) - For some reason I was thinking that this was only The Haters and noticed that it was a split just now. Haters' side was more enjoyable since B side after some time just sunk into monotony.

Autogen - Mutagen CD (4iB Records) - ah well, this is what Latvian and Estonian industrial associates mostly. Something danceable, leaning towards EBM etc. Anyways, quite decent easy listening.

Fistfuck / Produktion tape - Both sides are pure excellent filthy industrial. Released in 1984 originally. Produktion retrospective would be nice to be seen in Industrial Recollections perhaps too..

EEM - As father told me to tape (Narcolepsia) - Damn it was surprising having in mind who's behind this project. And very good. Dominating highs and overall disturbing in a good way. Recommended

Filthy Turd / Cum Function tape - Filthy Turd side was OK manipulations. Cum Function presents truly nice harsh noise! Perhaps nothing too exceptional, but good. Why only 14 copies..

Nascitari - Untitled tape (Nahàsh Atrym Productions) - disappointing. Most of his output was full blast noise walls. Now it's something more subtle I guess, but more boring too.

Xenophobic Ejaculation - Live 15/12/2012 CS (F&V) - I think I've read that this tape was not good, but it got me. Catchy, primitive and straight to the point. Like

Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter CS (F&V) - well, after relistening to this material, it only confirmed my fears that SS is one of the best PE projects existing nowadays.. Excellent material.

Chains of the Death Command - Live CS (F&V) - enjoying this for a few spins in a row. Good. Not too good (that live video from Vantaa or somewhere) seemed like a more structured etc. material, but this tape is good in a different way.

Foul - Murder Castle tape (Narcolepsia) - Some rather thin wall. Not too interesting.

Infirmary - Follow the edges inward tape (Narcolepsia) - Well, also I've heard more interesting Infirmary material. Let's say the latest on Victimology..

Rat-Alarm CS (Posh Isolation) - Quite average synth "music" for me. There were a few good parts, but overall...

Rose Alliance - Scandinavian Pictures CS (Posh Isolation) - What I've heard from the last Posh Isolation batch up to this moment, this tape seemed the weakest.. Not the Posh Isolation day perhaps..

Vanity Productions - I Allerførste Gry CS (Posh Isolation) - Some similar impressions to Rose Alliance. Though a little better.

Rosen & Spyddet CS (Posh Isolation) - heh. this is the best at the moment. Nice, catchy tunes, heh. Suitable for the summer, sweating girls and dust. Nice.

ghoulson

Fistfuck/Produktion is one of the finest tapes in this field... I think one of the problems with reissue of Produktion material is that no one has been in touch with them since 80s. I think only resonable thing would be if someone made a bootleg from good tape sources...
The Fistfuck material was reissued some years ago on Welt am Draht:
http://www.discogs.com/Fistfuck-Live/release/1019359

pontifx

Alphabet

Urinate - Эротические Фантазии Асексуальной Девочки. mp3

Bleak Existence

THE RITA - The Voyage of the Decima MAS

Alphabet

Quote from: Bleak Existence on May 19, 2013, 04:29:38 PM
THE RITA - The Voyage of the Decima MAS
my favourite by The Rita ^^

God Pussy - Ruptura Democratica.mp3

secondplanet

Åkerlund / Huhta / Karkowski ‎– Horology (2013) - Thin, droning stretch of sound that builds up suspense to a surprise ending of sorts.

Atrabilis Sunrise - Peverse Liturgy (2013) - Dark rhythmic power electronics.

Clipping - Midcity (2013) - Harsh noise but with rapping over top.

Karkowski / Furudate / Zeitkratzer ‎– World As Will III (2008) - Sound work full of great textures.

Whitehouse - Erector (1981) - Classic album; a favorite of mine.

online prowler

Quote from: Dr Alex on May 18, 2013, 02:57:07 PM
Sick Seed ‎- The Great Corrupter cd

Truly great release!!

! SNOW FELL !

Dr Alex

Boyd Rice And Friends ‎– Music, Martinis, And Misanthropy 12"
Anemone Tube / Dissecting Table ‎– This Dismal World 12"
Death In June ‎– Peaceful Snow / The Maverick Chamber - Totenpop Versions 7"
Pain Nail ‎– Hengellisiä Lauluja 7"
Nicole 12 ‎– First Dance Of The Spring 7"

LOVE "People" from Boyd Rice!!! One of best songs ever!!

acsenger

Wertham ‎– Lombroso (tape, Joy De Vivre, 2013)

Side A is great, menacing & atmospheric. It starts with an interesting sample of someone talking about (if I understood correctly) a doctor 100 years ago finding a correlation between being a criminal and psychologically aberrated. Then a constant grinding tone starts and distorted voice samples appear, one after another. Side B is 2 tracks of straightforward lo-fi PE. Good but I liked side A better.

Merzbow‎April 1992 (tape, Green Records And Tapes, ‎2011)

Very good tape that's somewhat different from his mid-90s releases: not as hectic and constantly changing, although there are plenty of great effects & the occasional loops.

Ashmonger

Vanhala/Umpio/Keränen - split (tape, Nekorekords/Salamanauhat): Good tape, nice way to hear some stuff from all three. I liked Umpio a little less but Vanhala & Keränen are good. Too bad I got it for a friend, haha.

Gordon Ashworth - Public Loops Volume One (C20, Iatrogenesis Tapes): Tape loops from street performances he recorded while on tour through Europe around May 2012. Interesting stuff, some of the music sounds a bit exotic which is a bit hard for me (don't like almost any happy sounding music), but some of the other tracks, such as the first one, with singing, are more to my liking.

Concern - Crude Vignettes: Upright Piano & Mbira (C50, single sided, Iatrogenesis Tapes): Two tracks with tape loops from upright piano & mbira. I like the piano tracks more, especially the first one is very good. The mbira tracks are nice too, but it's an instrument of which I don't like the sound too much.

Backpatch - Distort Japan/Distort Poland (C15, Iatrogenesis Tapes): Live recordings from Japan & Poland featuring Gordon Ashworth and Charlie Mumma (who are both in Knelt Rote, amongst other projects and bands) with vocals, drumming and guitar. However, it all sounds noisy, véry noisy. Basically it's more Harsh Noise than anything else. Not bad, but I don't like the sound of it too much.

The Iatrogenesis tapes can be listened to here: http://iatrogenesis.bandcamp.com/album/distort-japan-distort-poland

online prowler

breaks, jungle and narcotic dark ambient. Christoph de Babalon - If you're into it, i'm out of it

Full album stream:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAxm60KLhmk

Highly skilled work and execution. Gritty. Goes from meditative themes reminiscent of William Basinski's best work to unsettling trax with an undertone of imminent collapse or bad vibes. Classic.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: online prowler on May 23, 2013, 02:12:26 AMWilliam Basinski's best work
is there such a thing?  (sorry, I could not help myself.  it's like an oxymoron or something.)
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.