(serious) Paypal account suspension due to "offensive" material/titles

Started by deutscheasphalt, February 04, 2020, 02:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranial Blast

Quote from: monster ripper on February 05, 2020, 04:09:56 PMI had the same issue last year.  chances are it wasn't anybody reporting you, they use an automated system and it probably found something that raised a red flag.  Paypal customer support for the most part is useless.  Getting it fixed is really just a question of getting somebody on the phone who can be bothered to do there job.  Took me a half dozen times at least, but as soon as I got somebody competent on the phone, they had somebody review the case and my account was restored. 

Sounds like anytime you get someone on the phone these days. I don't care for what either. Nobody wants to "talk" let alone do their jobs. Only getting worse unfortunately.

jdumpster424

Holy shit. this is dystopian as fuck. I can't believe I hadn't heard about this before. Just insane.

FreakAnimalFinland

Not related to "offensive content", but there are some new regulations coming all the time. Last year they made way more strict the "unusual activity" kind of policies. Meaning that if you happen to get unusually lot of money one month, they may freeze the account just for that, and hold money for month or so until you prove what money is for and that goods are shipped. I was wondering what would label do, if they have set successful pre-order, but all this money is frozen on paypal account until they can prove each order to be shipped? hah..

Paypal will report your income to tax authorities as well, so anyone doing little hobby on the side, may get call or letter urging to explain what is all these payments they are getting. EU is becoming more and more bureaucratic in everything. If it used to be annoying, it is getting even more annoying year after year.

Of course non-EU countries can do it nicely too. UK has been showing curious development when its not just payments being monitored or services monitoring "offensive" items, but police showing up to customers door to ask about things after customs opened letter with "dubious music release".
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

NAR

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 31, 2024, 09:40:33 AMUK has been showing curious development when its not just payments being monitored or services monitoring "offensive" items, but police showing up to customers door to ask about things after customs opened letter with "dubious music release".

What the fuck?!

FreakAnimalFinland

Couple very recent cases, so hard to say is this a "campaign" or if it is policy of the future. Of course if you are not doing anything illegal, there should be no problems having little chat with police. Many UK customers tend to receive their parcels opened, and there is info flyer explaining it is random checks.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Cranial Blast

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 31, 2024, 09:40:33 AMNot related to "offensive content", but there are some new regulations coming all the time. Last year they made way more strict the "unusual activity" kind of policies. Meaning that if you happen to get unusually lot of money one month, they may freeze the account just for that, and hold money for month or so until you prove what money is for and that goods are shipped. I was wondering what would label do, if they have set successful pre-order, but all this money is frozen on paypal account until they can prove each order to be shipped? hah..

Paypal will report your income to tax authorities as well, so anyone doing little hobby on the side, may get call or letter urging to explain what is all these payments they are getting. EU is becoming more and more bureaucratic in everything. If it used to be annoying, it is getting even more annoying year after year.

Of course non-EU countries can do it nicely too. UK has been showing curious development when its not just payments being monitored or services monitoring "offensive" items, but police showing up to customers door to ask about things after customs opened letter with "dubious music release".

I've had that happen and it's very annoying as then you've got to go through the process of submitting all information that the package was sent along with tracking info and then you've got to wait until the package has been actually received and then you can ask for you monies. Seeing this kind of early on bullshit with PayPal kind of reveals what the future will be like once all currency is made digital. Bureaucratic nightmare for sure, plus will welcome further more censorship to go along with that to.

Leewar

The shitstorm that erupts when you receive a package of human bones is even more O.T.T.