Favorite Noise Collaborative Albums

Started by Cranial Blast, December 15, 2023, 04:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranial Blast

I was curious to know what everyone's favorite collaborative type albums are and by that I mean, for example like when Bizarre Uproar and Ride For Revenge teamed up to make an entire album together, but doesn't necessarily mean having to be limited to a "duo" like collaboration album, rather anytime an album featured artists working together as one force of noise chaos! My perticular favorite in these types of collaborations has always been and probably will always be when Scatmother and Yasuhito Fujinami teamed up under the project name Entartun and for those of you who have not checked this self titled CD out, I cannot recommend it enough! It's like a modern day Whitehouse approach, but with more industrial and harsh noise type elements mixed in to the overall power electronics savagery. Curious to know what are all your favorites, or what types of collaborations you'd like to see in the future that you'd like to see happen as well!

PuddysJacket

Macro/evil moisture is pretty unrivaled

KillToForget

I definitely agree on Entartun. It's a truly excellent release and I wish we would see some more from the project

Stipsi

Pain jerk and john wiese terrazzo.
The perfect harsh noise album.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

moozz

Skin Graft & John Wiese - Accessible World
This one sounds incredible. EXTREME.

The Three Temples
The Four Shrines
Aube with Masonna and Astro, Aube with Pain Jerk, Solmania and Mikawa. Not really advertised as collaborations of these projects but the people behind them. Surprisingly ambient material (especially The Three Temples) but of course if you involve Kohei Gomi of Pain Jerk with a project in 1996 it is not gonna be 100% laid back soundscapes.

Bruitiste

A lot of faves named already.  Big fan of a lot of Wiese collabs, and the Evil Moisture/Macro set is a classic for a reason.

Some others-
Sissy Spacek/Smegma: Ballast
Sissy Spacek/Hijokaidan: Entropic
Kevin Drumm/Tom Smith: Reconquer Sleep or Disappear
Borbetomagus/Voice Crack: Asbestos Shake
Runzelstirn & Gurgelstøck/Masonna: Clitoris Projectile Pump Action

FallOfNature

none.friendly

HateSermon

off the top of my head --
bizarressmania I & II
shift + hal hutchinson
xe/zss live collabs

DadaDrumming

Blunt Force Trauma - Bled Out
Johnathan Canady (Deathpile) and Scott Candey (Gruntsplatter)
Almost a perfect album. Heavy and oppressive as fuck.

Dog Holocaust - Volume I, II, III
Nolan Throop (Kakerlak ) and Dan Johansson (Sewer Election)
Dirty and unrelenting. Probably one of the best collaborations ever done. Has a certain sound that moves the needle for me.

Stimbox + Abfall - Tail of the Comet
Haven't listened to this tape in a while, but still thrills me whenever I do. Stimbox has always and will always be a huge influence.

MXM - Flesh Biting Paedophile
Macronympha & Monde Bruits
For late night listening when you're in the mood. Or really any time you want to get your head pounded in. Great sounding and just enough ebb & flow/send & return to keep everyone happy.

burdizzo1

Quote from: HateSermon on February 14, 2024, 10:03:05 PMshift + hal hutchinson

Leapt into my head, too. Also - and not strictly noise - but the Boyd Rice & Frank Tovey LP was the gentle introduction that got me interested in the world of noise, all those years ago...

Hakaristi

That Dog Holocaust comp is killer!

Few favourites:

Nicole 12 & Taint
Goldenrod
Human Skin Lanterns
Macronympha + Kakerlak
Edwige
Pieces
Heinz Hopf
Peenemünde
Vihanmiehet