RIP OFF ALERTS topic

Started by SyzmicRecords, February 08, 2010, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHK

Annoying situation.

If the merch item wasn't very expensive or if you can sell it to someone else, I'd just forget about it but make sure never to order from the same artist/label again (and I might mention their name in private discussion if the matter came up). If it was expensive or if it's a matter of principle, I guess I'd file a paypal claim. That is if you paid with paypal. And if it isn't too late. I've no idea how long you can make the claim after the payment. You certainly have given them enough time to respond.

I'm of course not telling you what to do, just saying what I'd do in your shoes.

online prowler

Quote from: P A N I C on June 02, 2022, 08:47:50 PM
Any advice?

I ordered an LP and merch item halfway through March through Bandcamp. Three weeks after it was supposed to have shipped yet no notification came, so I sent a message through BC but no reply came. Another two weeks I approached the label via private message here but again no response. Another week later I sent an email to their account on Discogs and again no reply but a week from then a parcel suddenly arrived with the LP and my merch... or well, nope. It had the LP and a merch item but not the merch item I had bought. Since the Discogs message seemed to have worked despite the absence of a reply I sent a message again to inquire about the merch item and see if it could be exchanged. However, it has been two weeks again and no reply, no parcel, no nothing.

What to do?

This inquiry should maybe not be shared in this thread? Seems like you are seeking advice on how to handle that situation?

General note: Two options. File Paypal claim for refund or wait. If you know the individual option 2 is recommended. Patience as you can see in this thread is at times key, but of course not the the extent that one feels being taken advantage of in friendship or partnership. If you don't know seller I would recommend filing a claim. Seems to me you have done your part. Hope it works out.

P-K

Quote from: P-K on December 30, 2021, 06:23:36 PM
KRISTIAN OLSSON

been waiting for 2 tapes since march 2021

Never mailed out, releases new stuff, dubs tapes to sell at gigs but fails to mail them to people that are waiting for months.

May be a big name in the scene, but stealing is stealing.

i don t think i am alone in this ......

over a year now :

nothing but promisses, no tapes, doesn't even read messages. Total scam.

W.K.

Quote from: P-K on November 14, 2022, 04:37:11 PM
KRISTIAN OLSSON

Never mailed out, releases new stuff, dubs tapes to sell at gigs but fails to mail them to people that are waiting for months.

He seems to be really active with his revived label Skuggsidan, maybe try mailing him at his Skuggsidan e-mail account?
Straight murkin' riddim blud, absolute vile gash

WCN

Quote from: W.K. on November 16, 2022, 10:58:43 PM
Quote from: P-K on November 14, 2022, 04:37:11 PM
KRISTIAN OLSSON

He seems to be really active with his revived label Skuggsidan, maybe try mailing him at his Skuggsidan e-mail account?

Skuggsidan is not run by Kristian Olsson.
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

Black Psychosis

I am posting this in a behalf of FILTH&VIOLENCE as they don't have an account here.

MALIGNANT (USA) 240e for FV wholesale order. 2-3 years old deal. All previous orders during years have been taking care of as promised. Now, zero communication. Not a huge amount of money, but still a rip-off.
I have had a quite a few similar cases like Malignant, when mentioned to them that I am about to make situation public they handled their debts. Good, but sad state of affairs that things needed to go that far.

Kayandah

Quote from: Black Psychosis on August 20, 2023, 12:33:27 PMI am posting this in a behalf of FILTH&VIOLENCE as they don't have an account here.

MALIGNANT (USA) 240e for FV wholesale order. 2-3 years old deal. All previous orders during years have been taking care of as promised. Now, zero communication. Not a huge amount of money, but still a rip-off.
I have had a quite a few similar cases like Malignant, when mentioned to them that I am about to make situation public they handled their debts. Good, but sad state of affairs that things needed to go that far.

Wasn't it a few years ago he has going to close everything down?

Still, shame to hear this