Your Favorite Metal Releases.

Started by RyanWreck, January 11, 2012, 09:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

influencing machine

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on February 28, 2012, 10:11:18 PM
Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned Japan's Coffins or Anatomia but fuckkk yeah.

I mean Anatomia is basically Japan's answer to Autopsy. Which fucking rules.

And I don't know if anyone ever used to listen to Hellchild but they laid the groundwork for a lot of the good Japanese metal bands around today. Especially with albums Where the Conflict Reaches and Circulating Contradictions.

teh new anatomia album should be out very soon. ive heard it many times and it is far and away my favorite material by them. very different from previous releases. incorporating more keyboards and electronics. still has the autopsy feel to it, but adding more twists.

i am in agreeement with zeno about coffins though. cant stand that band. boring and impotent.

ConcreteMascara

Surely this new Blood Duster record will be among the best metal releases!

Check out the video at the end of the article.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/10/blood_duster_pr.html
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

Blood Duster LP would be more interesting if they didn't tell people it was purposely fucked up. I'm surprised no noise artist had done this. I'd be curious to hear the BD anti-LP.

Been listening the the Teitanblood "woven black arteries" mcd alot.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 27, 2012, 11:59:06 PMI'm surprised no noise artist had done this.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that The Gerogrigegege did something along these lines - a series of albums where destroyed on a beach in Japan somewhere?

Anyway, Blood Duster suck. They should destroy their own albums more often.
Shikata ga nai.

impulse manslaughter

Carcass - Symphonies Of sickness
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Iron Maiden - Number Of the Beast
Judas Priest - British steel
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
Bolt Thrower - Realm Of Chaos
Bathory - s/t
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales

jesusfaggotchrist

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/ohiogrinder/

Here's my lists, some of you may take a dig at me for combining doom metal and heavy metal into one list, but I'm not putting Black Sabbath on separate lists.

jesusfaggotchrist

Quote from: locustfurnace on January 12, 2012, 12:11:32 AM
Not all 100% Metal but related enough to fit here...all these get regular spins...all bona fide classics!!!!

Godflesh - Streetcleaner
Carcass - Symphonies Of Sickness
Swans - Public Castration Is A Good Idea
Neurosis - Enemy Of The Sun
Repulsion - Horrified
Napalm Death - Scum
Deicide - Deicide
Beherit - Drawing Down The Moon
Impaled Nazarene - Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz
Faith No More - Angel Dust
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Death Strike - Fuckin' Death
W.A.S.P - The Headless Children
Ministry - Psalm 69
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Blasphemy - Fallen Angel Of Doom
Discharge - Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing
Corrupted - Paso Inferior
Guns n' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
S.O.D. - Speak English Or Die
Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

Great Scott! What a list! E-five?

redswordwhiteplough

At the moment my favourites are Dragged Into Sunlight - Hatred For Mankind & The Meads of Asphodel - The Murder of Jesus the Jew

martialgodmask

So I'm a little out of the loop on metal right now, but I know that as far as UKBM goes Winterfylleth seem to be "big time" at the moment. However, Darkness is one of my favourite UKBM "acts", I've worked with him previously (re-releasing his As The Last Star Falls From Heaven opus) and he is a close friend and colleague. He has remixed and remastered his first 3 demos which are very highly regarded within the UGBM community. I've started uploading them to YT as they're long out of print and he's happy for me to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmI0tn8R3mUlzAGwdNT9eOHGer6BVKGeU

Beast of Misanthropy up at the moment, two more demos will be up at some point and As The Last Star... also.

Mikerdeath

too many to mention.

Carcass - Necroticism - Descanting The Insalubrious
Carcass - Reek Of Putrefaction
Repulsion - Horrified
Impetigo - Horror Of The Zombies

jesusfaggotchrist

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 28, 2012, 11:07:00 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 27, 2012, 11:59:06 PM

Anyway, Blood Duster suck. They should destroy their own albums more often.

must not be socially conscious enough for you.

Andrew McIntosh

Nah, just don't like the music.

I've been listening to heaps of Craft lately, and have come to believe "Fuck The Universe" is one of my favourite Metal releases now. The combination of pure, nihilistic hatred and great, simple, straight-up Black Metal riffing with a gloomy vibe just works for me. The title track, especially, is a great anthem.
Shikata ga nai.

fin de siècle

"Fuck The Universe" is definitely Craft`s best album, I agree. Their debut lacks of good, catchy melodies, also their new one "Void" has its week moments. On "Fuck The Universe" every song is a hit! Andrew, you might want to check out Destruktor "Nailed" or Abominator "Subversives For Lucifer", which is different though, but brilliant, rough Death/Thrash albums as well : )

Andrew McIntosh

Thanks for that tip. Managed to find "Nailed", very basic, very heavy. Satisfying, to a degree.

"Void" left me scratching my head as well, they seemed to be going more for mood rather than their previous riff attempts. Could be "Fuck..." is so far their best testament, so far. I do like the other two albums of theirs' that I have heard, though, lots of basic aggression.

Illjarn where mentioned elsewhere on this forum, apparently connected with re-issues. I'm hoping "Strength And Anger" becomes available again, that thing is a masterpiece of pure fuck you.
Shikata ga nai.

jesusfaggotchrist

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on November 17, 2012, 01:10:18 PM
Thanks for that tip. Managed to find "Nailed", very basic, very heavy. Satisfying, to a degree.

"Void" left me scratching my head as well, they seemed to be going more for mood rather than their previous riff attempts. Could be "Fuck..." is so far their best testament, so far. I do like the other two albums of theirs' that I have heard, though, lots of basic aggression.

Illjarn where mentioned elsewhere on this forum, apparently connected with re-issues. I'm hoping "Strength And Anger" becomes available again, that thing is a masterpiece of pure fuck you.

I disliked the lack of vocals on Strength and Anger