General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calaverasgrande

ffs that Erdogan was able to land at Ataturk int'l demonstrates that the coup did not have very broad support even in the military.  I certainly hope it does not devolve into a civil war. It seems to have blown over now, but that would have been the worst possible outcome.

Andrew McIntosh

QuoteMore than 1,800 women signed up to pose, and that's a testament to how they're brave art warriors.
Shikata ga nai.

tiny_tove

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

calaverasgrande

One Hundred Women Took Off Their Clothes in Cleveland To Protest The RNC
*fatty warning

oOoOoOo

Whether or not the nude picture of women in Cleveland was a good protest, I believe it's good to capture expressions which are rare and unusual. It seems like one of the most delicate pleasures in life is experiencing aesthetics which are rare and unusual. I say, the more we break the monotony of the world around us, the better.

oOoOoOo

Oh what the hell, this thread is practically the off topic thread anyways. I wanted to post this somewhere, but I figure why not here. I saw a play last night, it was the play billy elliot. It was a fantastic play, it really tugged on my heart on numerous occasions. The beauty of the contrast between the young dancer and the civil unrest in britain was beautiful, it showed how a boy's pure self expression was more beautiful than the bigotry which surrounded him. I thought to myself, this shows the passion and beauty of dancing and the arts, the young boy's love of dancing when his father instead wanted him to do boxing, and all the homophobic ignorance surrounding him. It was inspirational to me, at times I almost wanted to cry, and wonder if I corrupt my own mind by not allowing myself, I didn't even once. There was also precious moments in the play, where the dancer boy's friend turned out to be gay and love cross dressing, and it was important that the lead character billy elliot not be gay himself, because it sent a message that you don't have to be gay to like things that others may seem to be gay and girly, and yet he still maintained his friendship with his gay friend, and it touched me so deeply when they would give each other a kiss as a sign of affectionate friendship.

It's not like me to feel so moved by a play, nor one that comes along that I bother seeing which has such issues about sexuality and art. The previous play I saw was absolutely ghastly. It was a play called In The Heights. It was in a poor town, where all the people seemed to me to be nothing more than ants, crawling around in their shabby insignificant town. The plot was deeply, severely contrived. The characters were dopey and had little redeeming values about them. There was this very disturbing overtone of belief in god, and the one thing that saved all of them from their poverty was one of the town members winner the lottery. What a fatally superficial twist of events, the lottery is as silly and shallow as they come. Yet, that's what it reflected of the character's lives. I felt as though I may as well have been reading Kafka, but in a very strange and un-self aware, ironic kafka, with an even more painful twist of tragic irony. Unware, tragic irony, is exactly how I would summarize that play, In The Heights. Not only was it absolutely ghastly, but there was one part of it which bothered me very much. A girl who's parents were trying to get her into college dropped out, and she came back and her parents were in such dismay, because college was the only way she could escape her poor town. They, of course, resolved that problem with another superficially and unsatisfying resolution; sending her back to college with the fucking lottery money, of course. She never liked college in the first place, and I don't like it either.

calaverasgrande

watching the GOP stiffs whine about political correctness. It is possibly more annoying than listening to an actual politically correct person.
At least the PC police have a grain of truth behind what they are bitching about.
Minority groups are usually disadvantaged or abused. Women and gay people do get a lot of stupid bullshit coming their way.
I just disagree with a lot of the PC 'solutions' to these problems.
Now these republicans whining about the bogeyman of political correctness, while they are the same people who are making a killing on Wall st, and are all living very comfortably with their children well provided for.
Yeah, PC is what bothers you. Not the specter of a non-white future.

tiny_tove

Quote from: calaverasgrande on July 19, 2016, 05:59:15 AM
watching the GOP stiffs whine about political correctness. It is possibly more annoying than listening to an actual politically correct person.
At least the PC police have a grain of truth behind what they are bitching about.
Minority groups are usually disadvantaged or abused. Women and gay people do get a lot of stupid bullshit coming their way.
Now these republicans whining about the bogeyman of political correctness, while they are the same people who are making a killing on Wall st, and are all living very comfortably with their children well provided for.

some UNPC people are as annoying as PC.
my issue is not with the problem, but with minorities attempting to solve specific problems by blaming false targets with the "F" word.
the Church us very politically incorrect on many stances but I do not (always) agree with their approach.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Duality

Quote from: tiny_tove on July 19, 2016, 09:33:30 AM
Quote from: calaverasgrande on July 19, 2016, 05:59:15 AM

some UNPC people are as annoying as PC.
my issue is not with the problem, but with minorities attempting to solve specific problems by blaming false targets with the "F" word.
the Church us very politically incorrect on many stances but I do not (always) agree with their approach.

I think the problem with a lot of the radically anti-PC people is that they're just as sensitive as the, admittedly fucking retarded, Politically correct movement that they criticise for being too sensitive.
For example: A mixed race couple on TV = OUTRAGE
Which is exactly the same reaction that the PC fucktards have when they DON'T see a mixed race couple on TV. Frankly I think the best solution is to just to have a good laugh at both sides.

PTM Jim

Quote from: Duality on July 21, 2016, 10:05:11 PM
Frankly I think the best solution is to just to have a good laugh at both sides.
This is true, but it's hard to actually laugh when both sides are constantly everywhere and are becoming increasingly irritating.
It seems like everything has an agenda attached to it. Nothing can just be benign and left alone.

Duality

Quote from: PTM Jim on July 21, 2016, 10:42:35 PM
Frankly I think the best solution is to just to have a good laugh at both sides.
This is true, but it's hard to actually laugh when both sides are constantly everywhere and are becoming increasingly irritating.
It seems like everything has an agenda attached to it. Nothing can just be benign and left alone.
Its an inevitability. If humans weren't fighting over political correctness, We'd be fighting over religion or shoes or something else.
As for your comment about everything having an agenda, do you think its possible for something to not have an agenda? I generally remain apolitical, but even that ends up being my agenda, because everything I say on certain subjects is clouded by the fact that I think all political ideologies are stupid. It's all rather silly to me, so I just take it with a grain of salt. Just keep in mind that the smallest minority tends to scream the loudest.

calaverasgrande

Some commentator on MSNBC just compared the GOP convention to a NF convention.
I think for a lot of Americans that comparison went right by them.
It was hilariously a reference to the Ted Cruz speech on Wednesday being 'an outbreak of conservatism at a National Front convention'.
I mean why not just say what you really mean?

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: Duality on July 21, 2016, 10:05:11 PMFor example: A mixed race couple on TV = OUTRAGE

Lolita should be mandatory reading on every highschool curriculum.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

PTM Jim

Quote from: Duality on July 21, 2016, 11:03:18 PM
Quote from: PTM Jim on July 21, 2016, 10:42:35 PM
Its an inevitability. If humans weren't fighting over political correctness, We'd be fighting over religion or shoes or something else.
As for your comment about everything having an agenda, do you think its possible for something to not have an agenda? I generally remain apolitical, but even that ends up being my agenda, because everything I say on certain subjects is clouded by the fact that I think all political ideologies are stupid. It's all rather silly to me, so I just take it with a grain of salt. Just keep in mind that the smallest minority tends to scream the loudest.
I kind of worded it wrong. By agenda I more or less meant forcing beliefs on others. As opposed to believing what you want and letting others do the same.