PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-K

didn't listen to a real NIN album since The Downward Spiral....anybody saying that's crap doesn't know what he's talking about ;-) .......it's very Ghosts, but leftovers or ripoff or recycling i don't know, i actually don't mind, just because it's a ost :-) it's my kind of ost, just like the one for Contagion (not by Reznor btw), wich i'll certainly hunt down :-)

i think the Led Zep song is a fine version (it only has 2 'songs' on 3 discs, not too bad):-D

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: RG on January 09, 2012, 05:33:18 AMit's kind of pathetic when a 40+ year old world famous millionaire rock star is still writing "oh woe is me" emo lyrics.

It was kind of pathetic already when he was 25. His lyrics are bad. His voice is awful. It is a shame because when one penetrates the music and filters out his stupid voice it's actually not bad at all. NIN had been much better if it was instrumental or had a different singer and lyricist.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

ARKHE

I was surprised when they released Year Zero a few years ago; after The Fragile I had counted them out as being worth anything, but that album really struck a chord with me. Reznor is indeed a great songwriter and skilled sound creator. Good for him that he can earn plenty of cash & win Oscars for working with Fincher. HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, that new band with his wife, sounded like a more commercial pop version of late NIN. Yuck!

Caltiki

GHOST - The Triumph of Death - CDr
FORZA ALBINO - MOT - tape
RITUAL STANCE - Objectification - 2xtape BOX
CUSTODIAN - Sonance from detached life - tape
ORDER OF NINE ANGELS - Grand High Climax - tape
MIRRORED HALL - This Mirrored Hallway Is Really A Gallery With No Exit, Nor Entrance In Sight - tape

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on January 09, 2012, 01:40:00 PMHis lyrics are bad. His voice is awful.

Seems kind of fitting then that he is doing a soundtrack for a movie based on a book by Stieg Larsson whose writing is bad, and whose stories are awful.

Today, inspired by the metal talk ~

Brodequin -- Methods of Execution LP
2nd and 3rd wave of US death metal kills 1st wave Swedish death metal. Damn, I love Brodequin.

Cannibal Corpse -- Created to Kill LP
Demo bootleg. Like having Vile with Chris Barnes on vocals = ripping.

Deicide -- To Hell With God LP
I much prefer later Deicide to the old stuff. Not a perfect album, but works fine for me. 

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: Tommy Carlsson on January 12, 2012, 09:26:15 PM
Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on January 09, 2012, 01:40:00 PMHis lyrics are bad. His voice is awful.

Seems kind of fitting then that he is doing a soundtrack for a movie based on a book by Stieg Larsson whose writing is bad, and whose stories are awful.

I see a lot of talk about this film and the books and on advice from my woman I've avoided it like the plague. I understand it's about a teenager who gets her revenge on a clandestine network of chauvinists, paedos, rapists nazis and other boogeymen of our age. Sounds like fucking Varuhuset on steroids with tribal tattoos. Yes, NIN seems ideal for it.

GEWALTMONOPOL

I honestly have no real idea. I just know I must avoid it. The less I know, the better.

ARKHE

More or less accurate description of the Swedish films.

np:
MALIGNANT ETERNAL - Tårnet

btw Tommy - completely agree with that. No one comes close to the crushing power of brutal US death metal. The heavy metal equivalent of HNW (equally filled to the brim with meaningless repetition!). Speaking of the US scene, Spanish WORMED fucking kills.

RyanWreck

Listening to Crown of Cerberus - "Strength". Great tape, only one go at it so far and I am assuming that I will get a lot more from it after a few more, the last COC tape didn't start to get great until about 4 or 5 plays in. Doing an interview with Mack about this project and his label, watch for that on Pure Stench.

Ashley Choke

Yesterday returning home after a hectic first week of school:

Henning Christiansen - Symphony Natura
Vintage fluxus sound art from fellow Dane, quite enjoyable.

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol. 85-92
Opposed to Vol. II which flows more like and album, this definitely has a compilation feel to it. Some really great tracks on this. Still prefer the second I believe.

Nuclear Death - Carrion For Worm
Totally and completely over the top. Beyond compare of any kind.

This mornings much needed extensive homecleaning session:

Angel Corpse - Exterminate
IMO some of the best Death Metal ever. So furious and intense. The flanging part in one of the first tracks and the closing song is the highlights of the album.

Organized Resistance - Day Of The Rope
Lately I've found myself not enjoying the full-on PE approach like I used to. This still is well-crafted and solid and a personal favorite of the "style". Some pretty cheesy moments, but in the end I feel they add to the overall atmosphere of the album.

Maurizio Bianchi - Mectoyo Bakterium
Perfect soundtrack for the last stage of cleaning, the toilets!

Bleak Existence

Mania - Armed To The Teeth

SiClark

Have been listening to STAB Electronics - Non Alliant II a lot recently, a superb second half of the album. 'Fucking for the Duc' is a real stand out track. Has anyone else got this yet?

SiClark

Quote from: RyanWreck on January 14, 2012, 10:18:47 AM
Listening to Crown of Cerberus - "Strength". Great tape, only one go at it so far and I am assuming that I will get a lot more from it after a few more, the last COC tape didn't start to get great until about 4 or 5 plays in. Doing an interview with Mack about this project and his label, watch for that on Pure Stench.
Really annoyed I missed this tape, it was released at a time when I was broke, hopefully a copy will turn up on Discogs.

Potier

A Snake In The Garden - Paralysis And Leaving The Body - Tape (Brise Cul)
A Snake In The Garden - Tunnel Of Blinding Light - ASITG-Self-Release

Really kicking myself for not checking this project out long time ago. Great material all around.

Arv & Miljö - Förändringens Frö - Tape (Järtecknet)
Arv & Miljö - Öppna Vattendrag - Tape (Posh Isolation)

Gotta spin those a couple more times - seems more like rough sketches so far - really, really lo-fi stuff. Öppna Vattendrag kinda seems more "round" - for lack of a better term.

Iron Pillar - Whipping Post -Tape (Järtecknet)

This one has really grown on me a bit. Similar lo-fi approach but more direct and to the point while remaining interestingly narrow.

bitewerksMTB

Haunting Presence tape
Embrace of Thorns new LP
Teitanblood 1-sider
Mania/HH collab tracks

*Malignant Rec's has that Hospital 2xtape comp for $15 instead of the $25 the label is asking. Just got a copy in a trade but havent listened to it. $15 is more like what the price should be...