Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Alex

Tangerine Dream - Encore 2xLP
Tangerine Dream - Zeit 2xLP
Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear LP
Tangerine Dream - Sorcerer LP
Tangerine Dream - Ricochet LP
Tangerine Dream - Phaedra LP

"Encore" and "Ricochet" are probably the most influential records for me.

HOGRA

SWANS "Body To Body, Job To Job" cd
DOOMWATCH "Crankin' 21" 7"

jadderly

Nice playlist. I'm a big fan of their first four albums. Zeit is a monster for sure. I assume those are vintage originals? I wouldn't mind some TD on vinyl but the shops in my area are mostly just straight classic rock in the used bin. Where I lived before they'd get the occasional copy of Phaedra or something in, but it would be in pretty rough shape usually.

Quote from: Dr Alex on March 23, 2014, 01:57:48 PM
I wou

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Dr Alex on March 23, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

i'm just listening Edgar Froese "ages" solo album
i suggest you this
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

online prowler

Fecalove / SSRI

"S / T"

The Untergeschoss split features some of the better works available in recent times from artist Fecalove and SSRI. On this release both artists utilize manipulation of source material and editing as vital parts of the compositional arsenal. This is of course nothing new, but it is one of the reasons that makes this an interesting and worthwhile release aside from the strength of the submitted material. The issue in question is each acts different preferences relating to developing own material from the same starting point, we are talking about for instance: Artistic choice, strategy and execution. This fact lends the release added dynamic, but opens also an opportunity to experience joining similarites as the use of: Field recordings, repetition, textures, timing, oppressive undertones, low end bass mania and mangled junk obsessions.

Fecalove's contribution includes three instrumental tracks and one PE track with teeth-clenched metallic vocals. Namely «Drunk and erased» - a sparse recording with clouded oppressive psychological undertones enforced by a barely recognizable throbbing (nintendo ds?) synth and audio collage consisting of looming innocent field recordings. This track sums up Fecalove's passion for old skool UK PE ala Whitehouse, early Italian industrial acts Maurizio Bianchi + Atrax Morgue, and classic ugly Japanese harsh noise. A perfect blend of impulses with its own language. The brilliance of the following track «Testicle marinade» is also worth a mention. The heavy sound editing versus sudden awakening ephemeral synth epistles are right on the spot and in the league of the best from Secret Apex and Tommi Keränen. Excellent overall production with Italian classic pop sensibilities. Humour is not far away either. Is that pasta I hear boiling on «Deathcamp sextape II»?!

SSRI follow up the B side with four murky and woolen compositions with focus on low to mid end freq range. The high frequencies are not emitted - only mangled up and buried in the mix. In the few instances where the high end spectrum is put weight on, it is brought to the audial surface with experienced timing, speed and attention to volume level. As the spectrum emerge it lingers in just the right amount of time - adding further dynamical range, detail and dimension to the tracks. The audial space is overall oppressive and uninterested in its surroundings. It is rare that I as a listener encounter harsh noise tracks that at first encounter induce the impression that there is no space left to position oneself in (Arkhe's latest Kafé Kaos release "Chabrat zereh aur bocher" comes to mind). This tactic is felt from the start of the first track's metal junk noise, only preceded by a haunting low pitched choir of howling voices. Very visceral, efficient, claustrophobic, suggestive and mood enhancing. The tracks evolve gradually, seemingly slow enough to make the listener nearly unaware of change. The track pace differ from slow to fast, but mainly change in the compositions are executed through the adjustment of audible frequencies. Synths, an occasional bass (? correct me if I'm wrong Pekka ?) plus field recordings from our contemporary's industry sector and idle running engines seem to be SSRI's instrumentation of choice.

While the immediate impression of the tape is of high potential, the «Fecalove / SSRI» split is a release that demands time to grow on the listener to bare ripe fruit. It might not be a contemporary classic, but it is surely a must if one is fan of either artist, or is looking for an entry point to get to know their production. A much recommended tape from two stayers that delivers fully.

Dr Alex

Quote from: jadderly on March 24, 2014, 02:10:04 AM
Nice playlist. I'm a big fan of their first four albums. Zeit is a monster for sure. I assume those are vintage originals? I wouldn't mind some TD on vinyl but the shops in my area are mostly just straight classic rock in the used bin. Where I lived before they'd get the occasional copy of Phaedra or something in, but it would be in pretty rough shape usually.

My faves are "Encore" and "Ricochet", I also like "Green Desert" and sunny "Underwater Sunlight". "Cyclone" is very interesting album with vocals - sounds like Hawkwind with more electronic improvisations.
For LPs, all I listed before are original pressings except "Encore" and "Ricochet" which are license. It's magic to listen TD from vinyl!

@ANDROPHILIA, I didn't listen his solo albums. I will check it for sure! Thank you.

OCPM

Warden/Patrick Modell/Peter Drak - "GREY POWER" CS (2012)
Been listening to this a lot. It lives up to the quote on the back of the tape saying "BACK TO FUNK!"
jazz funk greats style wierd industrial. I think it's very good.

ULTRA - ZOLL LP (1989)
Only recently found out about this, which is crazy because it's such a brilliant record.. (Thanks tommy c.)

Third Eagle - Confirm the Word CS 2014
A new project from Henrik who's behind Händer Som Vårdar.

Forza Albino - Black Dog LP (2014)
It's PE. It's good.

FreakAnimalFinland

UNCLEAN "Deranged" tape
Untergeschoss
Second tape of band, I listened this before it was published as promo and impression still is the same. First tape, in all its primitive flaws was really great surprise from Finland. This second isn't surprise anymore, so you know what to wait. And meanwhile seeing him play live quite similar material, but with much more intense sound quality, makes this tape less interesting. It's ok. Not bad at all, but just goes into place in discography what probably remains the low moment, after promising tape, but before fulfilling that... Fans of filthy and primitive PE its certainly good.

HAARE "Forward to insanity" tape
Terror
3 tracks of Haare on tape. I like when its not just one long piece, but actually something more. I have heard some less noisy Haare too, but this is somewhat noisier perhaps? Not much. Kind of traditional Haare style of layering stuff together under strong tapehiss and psychedelic and floating feel. I don't think there is any bad Haare releases really? At least not after couple debut CDRs. Its always welcomed addition to playlist even with minimal changes in ways of composition.

AM NOT "First Morbid Vibrations" tape
Unrest
Not sure if it's revealed who is "Am Not"? Usually such details appears in discogs very quick. I assume UK artists, but not sure. What I can say, its very good! Unrest doesn't have the world largest discography, yet I'd bet there are perhaps more quality tapes that fall under INDUSTRIAL & power electronics than most labels out there. Thinking how label started with Operativ Permanent, UGP, Institut and did some perhaps globally active noise bands too (Werewolf Jerusalem, BLJ, Gelsomina, etc). More good ones like Sick Seed, Pestdemon, Soft Option Killing, Shift, Iron Fist Of The Sun, Human Larvae, etc. All these mentioned ones produced on label memorable releases that could be considered pretty much "tape albums" rather than just another noise tape.
Nowadays it appeast that there perhaps starts to build roster of bands who can be associated with label exclusively? AM NOT is something, that has tape on Unrest and not known otherwise? Really neat blend of dark heavy electronics, but with innovative use of sounds and symphonic elements. Often slow and dark, but not forgetting delivering ugly noises too. Many of the Unrest tapes appear to be pretty much too good to be just 100 copies tapes... But well.. This is how it goes. It would be nice to see CD's of some of these releases.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

V/A "BELGRADE IS THE WORLD" tape
Posh Isolation
One of 2013 compilations, and really good one. Not much to add to comments on recent PI label stuff. Good mix of electronic music and noisier stuff.

XXXX / HALF MILE DOWN split tape
Untergeschoss
XXXX is perhaps best piece I have heard from them. Kind of The Haters minimalism teamed up with CCCC-ish electronic psychedelic noises. Some great moments when distant swirls of sounds emerges from wall of noise. HMD... not too good, I think.

WERTHAM "Lombroso" tape
Joy De Vivre
Short tape with 3 tracks. Heavy electronic drones, processed vocal assaults, I think b-side is much better than a-side.

SSHE RETINA STIMULANTS "gorgeous primitivism from quartz satellites" tape
Influencing Machine
First I really liked what there was. Fierce electronic noise chaos. But the more tape goes on, the more it appears to me like man trapped in the world of some sort of modular synthesis. Random electronic signalts that occasionally are good, but directionless moving towards next direction which will be either hit or miss. Too often miss.

ANDROPHILIA

Sick Seed  "The Most Hated Crime of Them All" song

i really appreciate admixture from obsessive loop from Diamanda Galas "Iron lady" and strong voices.
great
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

FreakAnimalFinland

ZYRTAX "Reflex Ultra" tape
very anonymous looking tape. Very simple j-card with only band name in front (with some graphics) and tape title in spine. I have at least one 7" release with some stuff from this Dutch Project. It kind of reminds me of what I used to do in early 90's. Not really musically, but... lets say, it appears like someone had bunch of short songs, no titles, no coherent idea what exactly to do, but just throwing all the stuff on tape and that's release. Lots of diversity in sound and style of songs. Sometimes kind of goofy experimental noise, sometimes dark sounding material exploring European heavy electronics atmosphere. While being very much hit & miss, it's also refreshing occasionally to see and hear stuff what isn't appearing as carefully planned and executed piece of art, but rather just random noise separated from currently sometimes too clearly defined sub-genre lines.

Dr Alex

Death Squad - Live At Leeds 4.15.00 cd
Death Squad - Fucked In The USA 3"cd
Death Squad - Out-Patient cd
Death Squad - Isolation As Intent cd
Death Squad - Theological Genocide cd
Death Squad - VX cd
Death Squad - Fuck You 2xcd
[can't get enough of Death Squad. One of the best pe/noise projects ever!]
Prurient - Point And Void cd
Sektor 304 - Engage... Forwards 7"
Slogun - Murder U.S.A. 2x7"
Slogun - Nov 16 2013 tape

+
a lot Tangerine Dream and Brad Fiedel's OST for Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Jaakko V.

Orifice Training ‎– Bathroom Abuse, Blisters And Contusions (LP, Praxis Dr. Bearmann)

eyestrain

Wanda Group - A Slab About Being Held Captive (NNA Tapes): A wade through a cold, morbid psyche. Pretty dark output for something on NNA. Really enjoyable!!

Händer Som Vårdar - Depopulation (Obscurex): Doesn't wander too far from previous works, but this is easily the most rewarding listen yet. Another gem!

Stephen Cornford & Patrick Farmer - A Measure Of Ground (Consumer Waste): Jerman-esque abused acoustic sounds. Gem, again!

Kassel Jaeger's Toxic Cosmopolitanism is becoming my favorite album of the year. Man oh man.

And lots of repeats for SS Decontrol, Look Back And Laugh and Rotting Out. Spring is my favorite time for hardcore.

Bleak Existence

Bleak Existence - love earth hate people