PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalpunk

JAAKKO VANHALA - Feral Earth CD
JAAKKO VANHALA - Here Be Lions CD

Both CDs are great and different, but hard to choose which one I like the most.
I need to listen Here Be Lions more to decide...
So elegant and precisely crafted sounds.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: online prowler on April 26, 2013, 05:02:30 PMAlso looking forward to the new Shift and HH 10" soon to be announced. Teaser imaes look good//

The sample track from it sounds enormous. Feast your ears -
http://unrestproductions.bandcamp.com/track/shift-hh-pigshit.
Shikata ga nai.

Andrew McIntosh

I've been listening to Vangelis's "Invisible Connections" almost obsessively over the last couple of weeks. The combination of electro-accoustic and synthesised elements, softness and silence, drone and hum makes me think this is a forgotten classic. I've had it in my record collection for years; it's always nice to make a "re-discovery" like that.
Shikata ga nai.

Levas

SPK - Field Record San Francisco - somewhat less enjoyable than the other CD, but overall good.

Mortuor - I'm waiting for you - Better than expected release though I tend to avoid releases that says "minimal" and "Corbelli" as much as possible.

Inhalant - Save our Souls - also nice release though nothing too exceptional.

Custodian - Toil and Waste - Disappointing

Raison D'Etre - Collected Works - heh. don't know why i bought it. It's the same dark ambient - good or bad, depends on the taste.

Post Scriptvm - Grey Eminence - This is one of the most enjoyable Tesco outputs that I've heard lately.

Dark Ravage - Fall of Inner Sanctum - Lithuanian BM band. Promo version seemed very good, but when that promo material has a length of the full album, it starts to get dull.. I was truly excited about this, but one spin was enough.

Propergol - Paradise Land - I've read quite a lot of bad opinions about this though for me at least half of the album seemed quite enjoyable (having in mind that I never understood what's the deal with Propergol worship)

Anenzephalia - Kaltwelt - this one's big disappointment.

Objekt/Urian - Agitation
- decent stuff to listen to from time to time when you are hangover or so.

Velemara - Abysmia - the record itself is not bad. just like any swedish dark ambient/industrial. and when the label manages to call it "the new hope of Lithuanian industrial while others are doing nothing, just rot in their own piss" well.. i've heard much more interesting releases from those who rot in their piss lately.

Theme - Valentine (Lost) Forever - Some CD that I've accidentally got. Easy listening - glitch, illbient or whatever.

Thighpaulsandra ‎– Chamber Music - I was not aware of this project before. first minutes of the disc were rather difficult to listen to, but slowly somewhat Coil-ish weirdness caught me. Interesting.

Donis - Bars Bars
- Lithuanian composer. Quite a lot of compositions are electronics mixed with ethnic songs etc. This one is neofolk, based on the folklore about birds. One of his best albums

Gyvata - Su vėjužiu kalbėjau
- Donis + a group of children = folk songs + primitive ambient/electronics. Well, easy listening when it's not too much.

Donis - Ein Saulelė aplink dangų - Didn't get this - one long ambient/ethno/techno track. Boring.

Puukotus / Musta Oksennus - the quality of the record is really poor even though it's not "music". Didn't enjoy.

Ēv Of Isis ‎– Dark Ambition
- also very nice tape from previous Belaten batch. Waiting for the latest one to arrive. That label truly widens my musical horizons quite a lot, heh

Human Larvae

Budrus - Canine Visions IX their first output was good, this is even better! wonderfully bleak and melancholic release. Highly recommended!

Baglady

Mania - Ultra-Negative CD
Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter TAPE
Sick Seed - Beasts Among Men TAPE

Mania is great as usual, and I finally checked out Sick Seed after being convinced by a dear dear friend. Another proof why I should always trust the guy. The stuff feels very... up close. Need more! Lovely take on The Snow Fell as well.

SiClark

Quote from: Baglady on April 29, 2013, 04:14:24 PM
I finally checked out Sick Seed after being convinced by a dear dear friend. Another proof why I should always trust the guy. The stuff feels very... up close. Need more! Lovely take on The Snow Fell as well.
I highly recommend getting Sick Seed's Elephant Man tape, slightly different sound to the releases you have heard but really good. Basically get any Sick Seed stuff you can, I never heard a bad release from him.

online prowler

Quote from: Si Clark on April 29, 2013, 05:49:36 PMSick Seed's Elephant Man tape

Damn good release. Be sure to check out the recently cs 'LIVE+1' as well.  

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Si Clark on April 29, 2013, 05:49:36 PM
Quote from: Baglady on April 29, 2013, 04:14:24 PM
I finally checked out Sick Seed after being convinced by a dear dear friend. Another proof why I should always trust the guy. The stuff feels very... up close. Need more! Lovely take on The Snow Fell as well.
I highly recommend getting Sick Seed's Elephant Man tape, slightly different sound to the releases you have heard but really good. Basically get any Sick Seed stuff you can, I never heard a bad release from him.
Definitely with you there! I actually think every SS release is quite unique. The debut tape on Unrest had a lot of weird cover track choices but all of them was really well executed and made a lot of sense lyrically. The F&V record (and now CD & CS) has a cover of legendary RAC band, Skrewdriver but other than that it's SS all the way and everything is very original. The record has one of my ultimate favorite PE tracks, Huorakatu aka Whorestreet. Beastial attack of male-fury! I have only heard the XE split on ADR through the CD reissue of "The Great Corrupter" and even though I can't really remember it at the moment, I recon it was really good and quite long track. FA tape is really good metal junk PE in the vein of N&K comps, bursting with frustration. I personally didn't really like SS side of the Shift split but the Shift track on it is enough of a reason to buy the record. Fucking phenomenal! The 7" on Turgid Animal didn't really effect me but it's still very good metal junk PE, like the tape on FA. Obscurex tape is my personal favorite. The style isn't that upfront but rather calm and, should I say, meditative. Well, the B1 is quite brutal, with great backing vocals of BU Pasi. Fucking great track, actually my another favorite, heh. Can't really comment on AOH 7" because I missed it due to "expensive" price and because I didn't have PayPal account at the time. The live tape was, at least to me, one of the most brutal releases of 2012. Such a fucking great vocal work on Praise The Children, made me ashamed of my voice, hah. I would also recommend y'all to give SSRI a chance. It isn't something a basic PE fan would enjoy but really great experimental soundscapes. It's hard to point out any favorites because every release is unique in its own sense (like in the case of SS). At least Mania/SSRI split is available so give it a chance. Mania side was fucking good as well. Could easily be one of my favorites of 2013!

nowirehangers

Various Artist - Skin Irritant
The opening track by BBBLOOD sets this up to be a great ride. nice j-fold.

P-K

Haare : forward to insanity tape....imho darker than ever, very good tape!
John Waterman : calcutta gas chamber cd ....classic, still don't really understand the completely fake concept.
...going through a pile of TF/PE tapes (Liver Mortis, Civilian, Pleasure Fluids,...), quality stuff, maybe reissue it sometime?

fin de siècle

Quote from: Levas on April 29, 2013, 09:50:42 AM
Post Scriptvm - Grey Eminence - This is one of the most enjoyable Tesco outputs that I've heard lately.
Anenzephalia - Kaltwelt - this one's big disappointment.

Grey Eminence is one of the best dark experimental albums, i have ever heard. From the beginning to the end perfectly structured and composed; built up with a lot of tension like a narrative. Very cinematic! Their older material is also good, but none of it as strong as this (yes, i dare to call it) masterpiece!

Still didn`t listen to Kaltwelt, but i can imagine, that it`s not an easy game to bloom once more after albums like "Ephemeral Dawn" and "Noahem" ... A new Ke/Hil album is however in the works, as far as i am informed, and something really good can be expected. At least the track the guys submitted for the forthcoming Epicurean Escapism Compilation CD/DVD totally blew me away ... as if being thrown back to the early 90s rise of Anenzephalia : )

Bleak Existence

Potabilizadora - 134 Songs Demo

Henfaren

Intrinsic Action "Electro-Death Suite"

Levas

Trys Keturiose - Sutartinės - Lithuanian folk music. If I remember correctly, this sort of folk songs do not exist anywhere else where a few voices follows one another with slight delay and going in loops and loops. Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kVqipJbsgU

Cathedral - Caravan Beyond redemption - exploring those "famous" names worldwide that I've never listened to. Nice.

And loads of shit like Mindrot, Morgion (not that shitty, but not far from it), Ozzy Osbourne and so on.