GENOCIDE ORGAN

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, March 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fanalstatt

The cover of the new LP looks like absolute dog shit.
No need for quality control anymore, preorders do the rest.

Leewar

Ive always wondered if there will come a time when the GO hype/marketing bubble goes pop.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: Johann on January 04, 2023, 04:50:13 AM
Quote from: Eigen Bast on January 03, 2023, 09:27:09 PM
Fairly certain there was no plan to reschedule those shows

It's interesting that they also apparently made no plan to refund money then

That's not GO's fault. That responsibility was in the hands of those booking it.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

Johann

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on January 04, 2023, 06:38:20 PM

That's not GO's fault. That responsibility was in the hands of those booking it.

Never said it was GO's fault, I know it certainly is not, unfortunately I don't know who was booking it. If you know please let me know, I'll take it up with them directly.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: Johann on January 04, 2023, 09:26:15 PM

Never said it was GO's fault, I know it certainly is not, unfortunately I don't know who was booking it. If you know please let me know, I'll take it up with them directly.

No use in pointing you to any of the them. No one has gotten a refund and its not happening.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Leewar on January 04, 2023, 02:18:31 PM
Ive always wondered if there will come a time when the GO hype/marketing bubble goes pop.

Band has done what they do, pretty much always. Starting with 291 copies for Leichenlienie LP, 350 copies for Save Our Slaves 12"+7". 490 for Mind Control LP and so on... It is hard to call style of releases "hype" (= extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion), if all they do is put it available in their own store and inform people something is available. It may be bubble in a way, that they clearly like to keep smaller stuff only sold via Tesco, not like real albums that have wider distribution. Of course one can have debate should band answer the demand by increasing pressing, or follow their idea what contributes to idea of item.

As these smaller edition works are not -real albums- so to say, mostly live material, they are not made available in same way as albums. I would guess it is in fine line with traditions of industrial culture. TG had its live tape box, Whitehouse had the massive live action tape "series" available, ton of Psychic TV live tapes were there, and they were something separate. Not the album that are meant to be "in stock", but something for the followers who want to hear something between the albums. I assume it can be annoying if artist has urge to published something, but not flood the market, so to say. Just keep certain hierarchy in publications. It took long long time for GO even start to do CD repressing of albums, while old attitude seemed to be that band was always moving forward. Not looking back. Also tradition in industrial, where reissues and large availability is kind of new school entitlement. Old school was that release happened, sold out, and artist moved on to do next.

For guys who keep missing all reissues, there is curious situation, to test how not having GO logo gives you little extra time:   SK1005 "Mannheim / Gothenburg 1992" LP, that was the very first Tesco Archaic Documents, it came of 2013, almost 10 years ago. Just couple of weeks ago I sold my last copy of it. Discogs has 5 for sale, starting from 19 euro. If someone missed latest announcement, there may be now opportunity to grab something that many people clearly overlooked. It has lots of early GO classic tracks and neat 1992 live recording sound. Or let's see TODOS SOMOS AUTODEFENSAS – PICTURE 7″. It is said that it is self financed, and not genocide organ, but then again, if you look at the matrix, run out groove text.... " TESCO+++ GO - MIRELES / A" hmm...   Decent bleak track on one side, sounds very familiar in all ways. B-side with speech.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

absurdexposition

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 05, 2023, 09:11:49 AM
For guys who keep missing all reissues, there is curious situation, to test how not having GO logo gives you little extra time
[...]
TODOS SOMOS AUTODEFENSAS – PICTURE 7″

I haven't sold a single copy of this and I have indeed wondered if it's because it doesn't say "Genocide Organ" on it.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

pidgeons

Quote from: absurdexposition on January 05, 2023, 04:11:11 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 05, 2023, 09:11:49 AM
For guys who keep missing all reissues, there is curious situation, to test how not having GO logo gives you little extra time
[...]
TODOS SOMOS AUTODEFENSAS – PICTURE 7″

I haven't sold a single copy of this and I have indeed wondered if it's because it doesn't say "Genocide Organ" on it.
That is actually hilarious considering how obvious it is related to their "Obituary" output. I mean the available sample (on Tesco) is very short, but that has not stopped any of the "religious" 7inches selling out within a day or two. Almost can't imagine the resellers and grifters only read the first name that pops up. But maybe the dedicated fanbase is indeed a lot smaller than the 12 hour sale window of actual GO items may suggest.

Anyways, always excited for new material/live recordings/outtakes or whatever, so I'm looking forward to Maunduni-Mau and the people's temple 7"

Johann

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on January 04, 2023, 09:33:00 PM

No use in pointing you to any of the them. No one has gotten a refund and its not happening.

Well it should at least be thrown into rip-off alerts so people can choose to never do business with them on any other stuff they're involved in. I think we can agree that's at least fair.

DadaDrumming

Quote from: Johann on January 05, 2023, 05:24:04 PM
Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on January 04, 2023, 09:33:00 PM

Well it should at least be thrown into rip-off alerts so people can choose to never do business with them on any other stuff they're involved in. I think we can agree that's at least fair.

If you paid via Paypal or American Express you can always open a claim of fraud. Not sure what the limitation statute is on these type of situations, but too much time may have gone by. I called Amex 9 months later on something and they took care of it pronto. It wasn't a scene related issue however. Someone has to know they juked a bunch of people for their money. Start at the top and work your way down.

To Taylor:

If it doesn't say "Genocide Organ" or "Operation Cleansweep", does it even exist?

absurdexposition

Quote from: DadaDrumming on January 05, 2023, 06:08:06 PM
To Taylor:

If it doesn't say "Genocide Organ" or "Operation Cleansweep", does it even exist?

Evidently not!
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

prelapsus

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on January 03, 2023, 11:46:46 PM
The pre-orders for the new LP went very fast. Sold out in a few hours. New 7" is also sold out now..
https://tesco-germany.com/produkt/genocide-organ-maunduni-mau-ltd250-lp-pre-order-2-3-2-23/

Is there any info about the album except for this pre-order page? Nothing came up in my searches but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Not on their newsletter or anything. Looking forward to it.

impulse manslaughter

There was a link on the Tesco Facebook page. No additional info.

Balor/SS1535

The recent "Attitude Ethics" tape was also very good, I think it is probably some of their strongest live material.  Sadly, another highly limited release if one prefers physical media: https://detainmenttapes.bandcamp.com/album/attitude-ethics

Into_The_Void

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on January 03, 2023, 11:46:46 PM
The pre-orders for the new LP went very fast. Sold out in a few hours. New 7" is also sold out now..
https://tesco-germany.com/produkt/genocide-organ-maunduni-mau-ltd250-lp-pre-order-2-3-2-23/

I read the description of this new live LP and I'm even more convinced that this band has become a mash-up between a kind of sectary cult and a marketing operation.
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)