GENOCIDE ORGAN

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, March 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Into_The_Void

I don't know if it's me (most likely) or not but I don't find any of this "complexity" or anything so extremely impressive in this new Genocide Organ. I found already "Tipping Point" quite boring, so I bought the new one conscious of this fact in mind but still, a new Genocide Organ long-playing work, too tempting... and I have to say that the new tracks, combined with the "Tipping Point" stuff, sound more interesting, the whole thing has a spooky and haunting atmosphere, and overall it is a decent album for sure, with the classic Genocide Organ's trademark, but - at least to my first plays - it sounds quite "basic" and somehow not really scratching very much below the surface.
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)

prelapsus

It doesn't hit like Obituary of the Americas for me. I've been listening to a lot of their back catalogue in anticipation of Hospital Fest and not immediately grabbed by this new one. It sounds fine but not gripping.

cantle

My copy of Death Zone just arrived-based on one listen I think it makes a great companion piece to OoA... slower and quieter in a way verging on the more death industrial but it complements it well sonically and thematically. It will take more listens I think to get the most out of it. Don't think it will replace OoA as my favourite GO album though.

burdizzo1

Yes; a strong album, but from the mighty Genocide Organ, it lacks a little something.