GENOCIDE ORGAN

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, March 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo1

The LP is a little muddy, but the 7" turns out to be really good - esp. the second side, "18 Nov 1978". The subject isn't all that original, but it fits the series. Looks like my favourite after the "Kahane Chai" one.

HateSermon

The recent LP and live cassette are now up for preorder on the Tesco site... for those who don't want to give $300 to that one douchebag on here.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on January 08, 2023, 07:47:49 PM
The recent "Attitude Ethics" tape was also very good, I think it is probably some of their strongest live material.  Sadly, another highly limited release if one prefers physical media: https://detainmenttapes.bandcamp.com/album/attitude-ethics

That's a good one. Doesn't look like the cassette edition has sold out just yet. But at eighteen euro before postage I'm not surprised. Fifteen from the Tesco website, though.

QuoteWe will make the cassette available again soon.
To stop these fuckers & pimps dealing with idiotic usury prices at discogs or elsewhere.
The additional cassettes will come Spring 2023.
To avoid further rip-off prices and to stop these scum bastards.

Peole can always just instantly download the thing for half a euro and solve all those issues.
Shikata ga nai.

impulse manslaughter

Quote from: burdizzo1 on February 25, 2023, 12:32:46 AM
The LP is a little muddy, but the 7" turns out to be really good - esp. the second side, "18 Nov 1978". The subject isn't all that original, but it fits the series. Looks like my favourite after the "Kahane Chai" one.

Nothing surprising or original but that new 7" is solid indeed. Glad is was able to grab a copy and keep my GO 7" collection complete.

chryptusrecords

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on February 26, 2023, 05:02:51 AM

To stop these fuckers & pimps dealing with idiotic usury prices at discogs or elsewhere.

huh, that's weird, seems exact opposite of the message on the LP  preorder page:
QuoteFor the ultimate Ego-Experience: Order as many as you want!
We will sort you out. An Order is only an order, nothing else!

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: chryptusrecords on February 26, 2023, 09:34:29 PM
huh, that's weird, seems exact opposite of the message on the LP  preorder page:

True. Anything for promotion, I guess.
Shikata ga nai.

re:evolution

QuoteFor the ultimate Ego-Experience: Order as many as you want!
We will sort you out. An Order is only an order, nothing else!
[/quote]

The above message was the same when the LP was announced and first went on order. After it sold out, Tesco further announced on FB they needed to weed out multiple orders to see if any copies remained. So while you seemed to be invited to order more than one copy, in actuality it was one copy per person. Was this an exercise for them to see who might be unscrupulous customers? Who knows?
noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on February 26, 2023, 05:02:51 AM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on January 08, 2023, 07:47:49 PM
The recent "Attitude Ethics" tape was also very good, I think it is probably some of their strongest live material.  Sadly, another highly limited release if one prefers physical media: https://detainmenttapes.bandcamp.com/album/attitude-ethics

That's a good one. Doesn't look like the cassette edition has sold out just yet. But at eighteen euro before postage I'm not surprised. Fifteen from the Tesco website, though.

Peole can always just instantly download the thing for half a euro and solve all those issues.

18 Euro---or even 15 Euro for a single cassette is pretty steep.  I think I will go with the download one of these days!

chryptusrecords

Quote from: re:evolution on February 26, 2023, 11:46:30 PM
Was this an exercise for them to see who might be unscrupulous customers?

in order to do what, keep their money anyway?

re:evolution

Quote from: chryptusrecords on February 28, 2023, 04:40:52 PM
Quote from: re:evolution on February 26, 2023, 11:46:30 PM
Was this an exercise for them to see who might be unscrupulous customers?

in order to do what, keep their money anyway?

I don't imagine Tesco would ever be that unscrupulous. But for arguments sake, what about choosing not to honour an order now or in future? But like I said in my original post 'who knows?'. I only posted originally to clarify an earlier comment.
noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

bogskaggmannen

Surely some people here must have gotten their copy of the new double album by now - if so, please share your thoughts.

pidgeons

Double LP hits heavy on the first listen. Mostly droning heavy electronics sound as we have gotten used to from the 7" series, less rhythmic, very noisy. Copious contemporary voice samples, critical industrial americana. Some German, some colonial mixed in. With a total of 18 tracks, songwriting appears slightly formulaic. But in regards to sound and pressure basically all of them hit the mark. Four tracks were published before on Tipping Point, might have been slightly remastered*, have not compared them directly yet. Will sink my teeth in the coming few days, but it impressed me a lot more on the first play than the Prurient collaboration. Still the masters of the craft.

I imagine this to be more of a compilation of tracks composed throughout the past decade, but could be wrong of course. LP is a bit quiet, but sounds amazing. Production clean as on Obituaries. Artwork and presentation as usual.

*Edit: Small Boys Unit is different for sure.

HateSermon

Quote from: pidgeons on January 08, 2024, 08:04:39 PMDouble LP hits heavy on the first listen. Mostly droning heavy electronics sound as we have gotten used to from the 7" series, less rhythmic, very noisy. Copious contemporary voice samples, critical industrial americana. Some German, some colonial mixed in. With a total of 18 tracks, songwriting appears slightly formulaic. But in regards to sound and pressure basically all of them hit the mark. Four tracks were published before on Tipping Point, might have been slightly remastered*, have not compared them directly yet. Will sink my teeth in the coming few days, but it impressed me a lot more on the first play than the Prurient collaboration. Still the masters of the craft.

I imagine this to be more of a compilation of tracks composed throughout the past decade, but could be wrong of course. LP is a bit quiet, but sounds amazing. Production clean as on Obituaries. Artwork and presentation as usual.

*Edit: Small Boys Unit is different for sure.

Yep, not much to add to this. I got the 2xCD in the mail today and threw it in immediately. Sounds amazing. Slow and heavy and GO proves once again that they're the master of the craft. Quite a lot of Jan 6 riot samples for those wondering about themes. Maybe some other samples from the botched Afghanistan withdrawal? Hard to tell. Embossed cover is a nice touch but I don't think that's anything new? I haven't bought a physical release from them in a while but it seems that most of the latest ones have the same treatment.

FreakAnimalFinland

Very good. I started with CD version, listened few times. There are couple moments with samples, where it is not exactly glitchy, but there are couple sounds that I thought almost as if CD is starting to skip - not music, but just the type of sound appears for very short moment. I had that problem with couple CD's over the years with old CD player I use at work. Decided to open it, clean the lazer and try again. Ended up having broken CD player refusing to even recognize discs anymore, hah.. fuck. Luckily I had couple "almost operational" extra CD players at home. Got one of those that had been in storage too long and the docking system had jammed. Now working fine. CD sound very "big" compared to vinyl, and furthermore, tape version is the nastiest. And the "glitches" I thought I heard, they play on all CD players as well as are present in other media too so there is nothing wrong with presses, it is probably noises of the spoken samples... well, one CD player sacrificed for GO.
Those who want the stuff extra dirty, could be recommended tape version, as it is really way more saturated and compacts sound. Not as wide and clear full blown stereo sound. I realize that the description with such rugged industrial & PE sound may feel funny, but indeed difference is very audible. LP edition sounds very good, some extra grit compared to CD.
Normally I do not buy "multiple formats" from almost any band, but there are these couple artists that I have tried not to. Such as settling with one black vinyl 7" of GO, instead of 5x7" color variation box. This album, cd/vinyl combination seemed necessary. Tape happened to come as unexpected bonus.

I recall I did comment on the tape set (perhaps on this forum), that I'd hope GO would do something like this on albums. Not that I would not like albums, but while some people commented that tapes were simple and easy tracks, I thought quite differently. Simple, yes, but easy? There is nothing easier in noise than piling up layers until it sounds "complex" or "advanced" and as if one did "a lot of work". It is vastly more difficult to make simple song with couple noise elements that work out great. With this album, many tracks are seemingly simpler and darker. Appears to be that bold move that you don't need to start piling up more sample layers and more vocals etc.. It can work great with couple brooding synth tones and flanged voice, which managed to create something NOBODY has been doing like that, other than GO.
Double album clocking 80 mins may be tough to swallow for those who don't like bleak and dark GO sound, but for the lovers of the style, personally this feels like one of the very best GO since... not sure what album to name drop here? That said, I would need to revisit many of the newer albums with fresh ears!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Penon

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 20, 2024, 10:04:52 AMVery good. I started with CD version, listened few times. There are couple moments with samples, where it is not exactly glitchy, but there are couple sounds that I thought almost as if CD is starting to skip - not music, but just the type of sound appears for very short moment. I had that problem with couple CD's over the years with old CD player I use at work. Decided to open it, clean the lazer and try again. Ended up having broken CD player refusing to even recognize discs anymore, hah.. fuck. Luckily I had couple "almost operational" extra CD players at home. Got one of those that had been in storage too long and the docking system had jammed. Now working fine. CD sound very "big" compared to vinyl, and furthermore, tape version is the nastiest. And the "glitches" I thought I heard, they play on all CD players as well as are present in other media too so there is nothing wrong with presses, it is probably noises of the spoken samples... well, one CD player sacrificed for GO.
Those who want the stuff extra dirty, could be recommended tape version, as it is really way more saturated and compacts sound. Not as wide and clear full blown stereo sound. I realize that the description with such rugged industrial & PE sound may feel funny, but indeed difference is very audible. LP edition sounds very good, some extra grit compared to CD.
Normally I do not buy "multiple formats" from almost any band, but there are these couple artists that I have tried not to. Such as settling with one black vinyl 7" of GO, instead of 5x7" color variation box. This album, cd/vinyl combination seemed necessary. Tape happened to come as unexpected bonus.

I recall I did comment on the tape set (perhaps on this forum), that I'd hope GO would do something like this on albums. Not that I would not like albums, but while some people commented that tapes were simple and easy tracks, I thought quite differently. Simple, yes, but easy? There is nothing easier in noise than piling up layers until it sounds "complex" or "advanced" and as if one did "a lot of work". It is vastly more difficult to make simple song with couple noise elements that work out great. With this album, many tracks are seemingly simpler and darker. Appears to be that bold move that you don't need to start piling up more sample layers and more vocals etc.. It can work great with couple brooding synth tones and flanged voice, which managed to create something NOBODY has been doing like that, other than GO.
Double album clocking 80 mins may be tough to swallow for those who don't like bleak and dark GO sound, but for the lovers of the style, personally this feels like one of the very best GO since... not sure what album to name drop here? That said, I would need to revisit many of the newer albums with fresh ears!
This is a great review, better than any press release. My album is still in transit but I am totally pumped. I can relate a lot to your comment that simple isn't easier. Takes skill and, above all, taste.
Minimum Sentence - UK Disquieting Electronics:
Youtube - Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Instagram