sotos

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, March 04, 2010, 08:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantle

Just listened to it- far better than I thought it would be. I agree that they were fair to his work.

I'd have said stuff differently but then again I wasn't there....

Grimpin

I thought it was pretty good. They had an interesting take analysing the True Crime "genre" in general, the motivations and delusions of those involved, etc. And how Sotos breaks the mould, for them, in everyway. To the point I'd probably check out further episodes of both their respective podcasts. But as expected: one of the co-hosts hadn't even heard of Sotos until a week ago. And the expert of the pair: if he's ever ventured past downloading the Pure PDFs, listening to Buyer's Market on youtube, and reading/hearing a few online interviews and articles, he was keeping his cards close to his chest. But I did like hearing about the rattling effect just dipping their toes in his pond is having on them. Which sort of mirrored my experience, when I first did. May it continue.

Re: Podcasts and Sotos. Obviously there's not much out there, but Anita Dalton of Odd Things Considered was great talking about his work on some podcast or other, once, for five minutes or so. I'll find it now.

https://parallaxviews.podbean.com/e/ep-18-odd-things-considereds-anita-dalton-on-weird-books-unusual-subcultures/