sotos

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, March 04, 2010, 08:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prolapsedlielack

Quote from: planetary:defence on January 30, 2024, 03:27:42 PMrequesting for current updates/ news? i'm so unbelievably out of the loop with current sotos news despite being an obsessive consumer with everything about his work, music, writing, interviews, whatever, i'm infatuated with him- apologies for the begging but i'm kind of desperate for any input around upcoming reissues and publishing (amphetamine sulphate?) etc. also if anyone has a pdf/ scan they'd be willing to share with me for more recent publishings and specifically pure filth? cannot find a pdf online for it at all. i have various news article/ interview scans, pure 1-3, all in the proxy comp, lordotics, selfish little, comfort and critique as pdfs i've found through digging through the internet equivalent of the trash if anyone's after those id be happy to email/ put up somewhere if that's worth anything lol.

do you have the parasite issues? if not, i'd be happy to drop those to you. i have a decent amount of sotos pdfs/epubs

planetary:defence

Quote from: prolapsedlielack on January 31, 2024, 05:29:39 AMdo you have the parasite issues? if not, i'd be happy to drop those to you. i have a decent amount of sotos pdfs/epubs
i have 1-20 but thank you regardless :) currently starting to be drip fed the work of his i havent read/ been able to find online by ruthlessbabysitter digitalising their collection now.

Quote from: theotherjohn on January 30, 2024, 03:49:59 PMThis thread is as good a place as any for all current updates/gossip!

Kee MacFarlane is now sold out. Chip of 9BB recently shared on Twitter/X a reading list relating to KM:

https://twitter.com/NineBandedBooks/status/1751537276931178541#m
(alternatively, use this Nitter link)

You Had To Be There: Rape Jokes - Vanessa Place
The Guilt Project: Rape, Morality and Law - Vanessa Place
Rape-Revenge Films: A Critical Study - Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
Allison Unchained: One Woman's Quest to Find Love, Faith, and Forgiveness - Allison Wolf
Most Outrageous: The Trials and Trespasses of Dwaine Tinsely and Chester the Molester - Bob Levin
A Long, Dark Shadow: Minor-Attracted People and Their Pursuit of Dignity - Allyn Walker
Freedom to Fail: Heidegger's Anarchy - Peter Trawny
thank you for the welcome and links :) totally beating myself up about not signing up to newsletters sooner re: kee macfarlane, gahh...

Balor/SS1535

Can anyone direct me towards some of the more interesting critical literature on Sotos in French?  Specifically "The Peter Sotos Question" by Bruce Benderson?  The more I dig, the more it seems that there is a fair bit that has been written about him---just not in English!

rocksoff

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on February 01, 2024, 09:40:40 PMCan anyone direct me towards some of the more interesting critical literature on Sotos in French?  Specifically "The Peter Sotos Question" by Bruce Benderson?  The more I dig, the more it seems that there is a fair bit that has been written about him---just not in English!

there are some odds and ends collected here: https://web.archive.org/web/20090302093243/http://www.editions-desordres.com:80/critiques/peter_sotos_cahier.php
you should be able to get a PDF of the Benderson essay through the Nouvelle Revue Française website. It's no. 577, Avril 2006.

re the Sotos/Mason correspondence mentioned earlier, there's really nothing to it. iirc Mason asks for a replacement copy of Buyer's Market since his was confiscated by the police and there's just one letter from Sotos where he apologizes for being late to reply.

cantle

Quote from: rocksoff on February 02, 2024, 02:08:20 PMre the Sotos/Mason correspondence mentioned earlier, there's really nothing to it. iirc Mason asks for a replacement copy of Buyer's Market since his was confiscated by the police and there's just one letter from Sotos where he apologizes for being late to reply.

Cheers for that... Mason got busted for KP once didn't he?

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: rocksoff on February 02, 2024, 02:08:20 PM
Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on February 01, 2024, 09:40:40 PMCan anyone direct me towards some of the more interesting critical literature on Sotos in French?  Specifically "The Peter Sotos Question" by Bruce Benderson?  The more I dig, the more it seems that there is a fair bit that has been written about him---just not in English!

there are some odds and ends collected here: https://web.archive.org/web/20090302093243/http://www.editions-desordres.com:80/critiques/peter_sotos_cahier.php
you should be able to get a PDF of the Benderson essay through the Nouvelle Revue Française website. It's no. 577, Avril 2006.

re the Sotos/Mason correspondence mentioned earlier, there's really nothing to it. iirc Mason asks for a replacement copy of Buyer's Market since his was confiscated by the police and there's just one letter from Sotos where he apologizes for being late to reply.

Thank you very much.  I recall coming upon that page a while back, but I couldn't remember it when I started digging this time around.

d_i_v_i_d_e

received my copy of Kee MacFarlane yesterday and am about halfway through it. the publisher's note accompanying it is interesting and recommended reading before starting the book. Chip from 9BB refers to this new work almost as a "book review" in the publishers note, and so far Soto's prose is pretty lucid in covering Place's work.

i found the assertion by Chip that if Dworkin were still alive that she'd be a TERF pretty notable and probably correct.

tiny_tove

Quote from: d_i_v_i_d_e on February 04, 2024, 09:28:39 PMi found the assertion by Chip that if Dworkin were still alive that she'd be a TERF pretty notable and probably correct.

yep she would definitely be.

In Italy terf are a rare thing, since they are 99% insted the lGBTQ movement, whilere there is a  HUUUGE percentage of Swerfs. but this goes out of topic
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Balor/SS1535

My copy made it out to me today.  Haven't had the chance to do anything other than look it over yet (he packed it like a tank!), but everything looks interesting so far.

barktime

Sadly I completely missed out on the new Sotos books.
Maybe a silly question, but is there anyone who wants to sell these books:
1. Kee MacFarlane
2. Obviates

I am selling some Sotos books myself [click here].
Ironically, I understand that the Obviates book is a compilation/re-issue of 2 of the original books I am listing (Predicate & Show Adult).

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: barktime on February 08, 2024, 04:41:12 PMSadly I completely missed out on the new Sotos books.
1. Kee MacFarlane
2. Obviates

Ironically, I understand that the Obviates book is a compilation/re-issue of 2 of the original books I am listing (Predicate & Show Adult).

As far as I am aware, Obviates does not add anything besides a few sections of scrapbook material.  It's interesting, but likely far from essential.

barktime

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on February 08, 2024, 06:23:22 PM
Quote from: barktime on February 08, 2024, 04:41:12 PMSadly I completely missed out on the new Sotos books.
1. Kee MacFarlane
2. Obviates

As far as I am aware, Obviates does not add anything besides a few sections of scrapbook material.  It's interesting, but likely far from essential.

Yes, it will be something to thing about. I agree that it is non-essential, if you do not already own the books, either individually, or as part of a compilation book.

AiFeith

For anyone interested in Buyer's Market, I transcribed the entirety of it.
I wanted to find out how the content changed by a change of medium. When you can't hear the cries, when you can't hear the age, the stutters, the sniffs, the cars passing by: what remains?
The words. What these people actually said.

https://open.substack.com/pub/aifeith/p/peter-sotos-buyers-market-transcribed?r=wnawq&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

thatonekidatshows

Not sure if either of these will interest anybody, but I thought I'd post just in case:

1. I just scanned my copy of Total Abuse, and I'd be glad be glad to send it over if you PM me.
2. I am printing Buyer's Market shirts (from a high-resolution scan from Solotroff!) to order. I sell the shirts at-cost, so PM me to order a shirt on white or black for something like $5 USD (plus shipping).

AiFeith

A shirt with either the Lazy, the Tick or the Index book covers would be really dope. Maybe even all three would fit, but that depends on the design.