PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: david lloyd jones on September 19, 2016, 09:45:32 PM
Quote from: Fluid Fetish on September 18, 2016, 04:00:35 AM
Xenophobic Ejaculation- Past Atrocities: Hazy memories of mp3 files I had a long time ago because this album was impossible to find for me for a variety of reasons, WP is the album that got me into XE.  Purity is still my favorite but this is a close runner up, Oi being one of the best and quintessential XE tracks for me easily. Taking a single screeching feedback tone and then having carry through large parts of a song is kind of a XE trademark and on this song it's just vicious, especially the part closing out the track followed by the album title screamed full force then transforming into the samples of the next song.  Selection and combination of sounds is just perfect. Possibly the most aggressive and enraged sounding of all the XE vocal performances? Listening over and over and over...Vala is excellent as well of course but definitely prefer WP. The DVD-R that comes with the release is excellent as well, the XE video featuring plenty of fisting, riot videos, violence, and what looks like clips from the video that was used for the cover of Purity with plenty of interracial debasement. All in a very solid packaging that certainly makes me feel satisified with this release. Listening to WP again right now...

sort of agree.
this id now the third edition of white power I own and as such always love this classic.
vale on cd works well enough, but the DVD after track one does flag, as raw material.
all told though the package and price were value.
video just not as grabbing as aseyvelis on wrath.

Still need to watch the rest of the DVD, just watched the first vid, other ones looked like KKK rallies? I can only watch it at work as my laptop is currently dead and I don't have a region free player at home, will have to get around to it...

Also I need to get more STAB Electronics, every song by them I have or hear is just perfect...if anyone has and is willing to get rid of Instrument For Operating On Mutant Women LP please PM me. 

ConcreteMascara

inspired by the classified thread re Nicole 12, been re-listening to some of my favorite releases.

Prurient / Nicole 12 - Love & Romance 12"
Never been able to fully get behind the Prurient side here. Sounds like its coming out of the period of releases when it was all hi-frequency abuse, orchestra samples and spastic violence. the recording is so thin and treble-y. it's refreshingly unpleasant compared to the onslaught of more musical Prurient releases in the last 5 years, but compared to Fossil, The Baron's Chamber or Troubled Sleep it doesn't hold a candle.
The opposite can be said about N12. To my ears it's easily some of the best N12 material released. Semen on Braces and Seesaw Romance both have a hovering low end and those sugar daddy vocals which always put a smile on my face. Semen on Braces especially has some of the most on-point vocal manipulations I've ever heard. Images of Romance and Power of Seduction are more about texture and atmosphere and work really well given their simple parts. and it all closes out with Nylon Beat. perfect.

Nicole 12 - Braces 7"
The best, plain and simple. 4 tracks of perfectly executed romantic power electronics.

also enjoying
Caligula031 - Domino cassette
Needed a reminded of how good this tape is. Even better than I remember. War is Not Over Yet is a power electronics anthem of the highest order

Taint - Indecent Liberties CD (reissue) / Taint - Strange Feeling, Shit Coming LP (reissue)
Quite grateful that there's been an increasing number of Taint re-issues. It's amazing how well Taint holds up today. Raw, sexually violent power electronics done in a way that has rarely been improved upon since. Material recorded with such conviction (for lack of a better word) always holds up with time though, so I guess it's not surprise.

V/A - What This Is All About CD
a nice mix of big names and unknowns, at least to me. Although this comp is only 12 years old, it's nice to hear so little computer oriented sounds and just a lot of pure, harsh noise and grit. the Karlheinz track does nothing for me, it's just kinda shit. and the Rats With Wings track is whatever. But the rest is pretty damn enjoyable!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Stoa on September 18, 2016, 12:11:53 AM

GRUNT - Recycled (Tape, RRR, 2005)
One side Grunt-style Power Electronics, one side brutal, noisy junk abuse. The only information original to this release is scribblings of "Grunt" and "Recycled". 

P.E. Side is 16th Grunt gig: 07.05.2005 Turku / Finland, Klubi
Metal junk side was recorded around same sessions as Seer Of Decay 2nd disc. There was a lot of material done and only part was released.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashmonger

Les Chasseurs De La Nuit  - Nebelwerfer (7", Heidrunar Myrkrunar): Not familiar with the Homo Homini Lupus album, but this 7" certainly is good. Nebelwerfer is a very good neo-folk track and Unconditional Love is some kind of power electronics, which is pretty good too, interesting combination. Must check out the Nebel Leben album soon.

Rectal Machete - Ultra-Misogynist (C60, Obsessive Fundamental Realism): Sound quality differs between tracks, but in general the music/noisecore is interesting, not only blasting, but also slower parts, some noisy/experimental rock kind of stuff nearly or more grindcore parts. Vocals aren't my favorites though. And an hour of this kind of stuff is a bit much for one sitting. Nice inserts too, hehe.

Akitsa/Prurient (CD, Hospital Productions): The first Akitsa track starts with a synth piece, then some cool Harsh Noise, then more synth, then goes into Black Metal. Second track is Black Metal. Both have some cool parts and are generally not bad, but certainly not the best Akitsa material. I'm not very familiar with Prurient, but this is not much to my liking. Just slow, nearly calm distorted electronics, some far away classical music here and there, but I don't really like the sound of the electronics either, so with 30 minutes that's not great. That being said, I'll give it some more spins, maybe it's a grower.

Psychosadist - Your Pain is my Only Pleasure (C60, Obsessive Fundamental Realism): A while ago I got his first demo from Hiisi Productions, but I wasn't into it, so didn't keep it. Later I got the split with Cadaver Gutter, which was better, so then I decided to get this album as well. Again, nice layout on the OFR release, though the insert with titles could be better, now it's just a piece of paper with the titles on them. The music itself is more Death Industrial, with some Power Electronics parts. Atmosphere goes from grimy to gloomy.

A.Z.A.B. - Intrinsic Deathmass of Zionicidal Ruination (tape, Vanguard Productions): Someone doesn't really like the chosen people, so much is clear. This is Power Electronics which is quite good overall and some really nice tracks too, but a playing time of about 80 minutes, is just too much.

Spic - Blood In The Streets (tape, Vanguard Productions): This on the other hand is a really short tape (less than 15 minutes) with three tracks of mostly feedback PE with some crunch and sparse use of spoken vocals. Really good!

Hatespeech - Take Back Your Country (tape, Vanguard Productions): Rather short tape, certainly not bad, but I got the feeling that the focus is more on the ideology/lyrics than on the sounds, the vocals and the noise don't gel well together. The noise itself is rather simple, on the last track it's basically a rumbling sound that varies a bit here and there, but not too much. Will get some more plays, but not convinced straight away.

Lone Wolf Insurgent - Defeat Never, Victory Forever (tape, Vanguard Productions): Same ideology as Hatespeech, but more interesting, although quite simple being vocals, which are pretty good, reminds me a bit of Brethren (if I'm not mistaken, has been a while since I listened to Brethren), over a basic distorted background, with some nice feedback here and there and lots of samples with some nice background synth sounds. Nice tape.

Siege Electronics - My Descent into Dissent (tape, Vanguard Productions): Death Industrial and Power Electronics tracks are both present, not utterly bleak or aggressive or..., but overall pretty nice sounds and quite some samples. Worth of checking out.

Zyklon SS - Iron Division (C40, Der Bunker): I quite liked prior ZSS releases, but since there's so much being released all the time, I skipped this. Until I saw one copy still available on discogs and decided to get it. And fuck, glad I did this. Really good tape! Reminds me mostly of Genocide Organ and maybe some Grey Wolves stuff here and there. Hardly any vocals, but lots of samples. Was surprised that there's no metal abuse anymore, though. Anyway, recommended.

Veriyhteys 1 (Comp CD, Sakaramiina Records): Really like most Vapaudenristi stuff and was interested to see what the other bands were like, so I got this. Vapaudenristi tracks are good, but not as good as the last album. Genocide Wolves sound like rough RAC with some Black Metal sound thrown in. First track is good, 2nd track is less interesting. Stuff like "do what is right" always cracks me up though. Pagan Skull: not very good. Sankar'hauta is more in the Viking Rock vein, sometimes bordering on some Pagan Metal, but I think that's mainly due to the guitar sound. Cool vocals. Valkoiset Paholaiset are ok, but nothing that sticks it seems. Pylvanainen are musically good, but I don't like the vocals. Marder is cool, sounds like live recordings, so pretty rough sound, but enjoyable music. All in all it's a cool comp, only wish I could understand what's on the back of the booklet.

coinbender

heinz hopf  -Ids Inte 
cant get enough of it
i think i prefer this to their Ultra Primitiv

tiny_tove

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: Dr Alex on September 26, 2016, 12:37:18 AM
Still can't get enough of HAWKWIND!
Also, obscure and unknown krautrock bands with one album rules!!

It's impossible to get too much or enough of Hawkwind, especially the older stuff. 80's era is still good too.

Nik Turner is coming through my neck of the woods again in November and although it's not Hawkwind, they play a bunch of his material that he wrote with Hawkwind which is my favorite stuff. I also like his solo stuff a lot, especially the Prophets of Time era but its all good. I recently got the full multi-disc set of the pyramid recordings where he plays his flute inside of the pyramid by himself and it's amazing...a good friend of mine is friend's with him and has a music school hall rented out for the evening after the main show. My friend's band and Nik are going to do an invite only Space Ritual with a video back drop for at least an hour or two. Going to try to do a video recording of at least some of it this time as we didn't last years, I cannot wait.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on September 27, 2016, 02:23:56 AM
Quote from: Dr Alex on September 26, 2016, 12:37:18 AM
Still can't get enough of HAWKWIND!
Also, obscure and unknown krautrock bands with one album rules!!

It's impossible to get too much or enough of Hawkwind, especially the older stuff. 80's era is still good too.

Nik Turner is coming through my neck of the woods again in November and although it's not Hawkwind, they play a bunch of his material that he wrote with Hawkwind which is my favorite stuff. I also like his solo stuff a lot, especially the Prophets of Time era but its all good. I recently got the full multi-disc set of the pyramid recordings where he plays his flute inside of the pyramid by himself and it's amazing...a good friend of mine is friend's with him and has a music school hall rented out for the evening after the main show. My friend's band and Nik are going to do an invite only Space Ritual with a video back drop for at least an hour or two. Going to try to do a video recording of at least some of it this time as we didn't last years, I cannot wait.

have to say that I think hawkwind was greater than the sum of it's parts and no solo releases are as good as the band itself.
got a bootleg tape of ICU that is pretty awful really, from a time that older bands were trying to do the punk energy thing-van der graff a similar case in point.
hawkwind up to quark are, for me the best incarnations

Ernpe

Kazumoto Endo & Emanuele Bonini - Rumore Da Ritorno Audio Metallico cd (Audio Dissection)

Collaboration between Kazumoto Endo and mr Encephalophonic, 50+ minutes of sharp noise in ten tracks. First five are mixed by mr Endo. High pitched electronics rise, then enter short burst of distorted noise. Repeat. Tracks move slowly, rather repeating than evolving. Sound is clear and sharp. Next five tracks, mixed by mr Bonini, are slightly more distorted, longer pieces of noise. It has better moments but also dullness that could be cut off the record. Overall this here is average cut-up noise that doesn't flow freely at any point.

Manfred Schoof - European Echoes lp
(Cien Fuegos)

Reissue of free jazz classic from 1969. Large ensemble including Derek Bailey, Han Bennink, Peter Brötzmann just to name few, play free improvisation. It feels like it's a one long session split into sides of vinyl as the parts flow continuesly. Sound of room is evident and the recording has nice dynamics. While the horns play loud, European Echoes sounds violent in terms of free jazz, but there is also a bit of loose improvisation and the piano, bass and drums solos (drum solo being very loud!) are lenghty considering the records is merely 30 minutes long.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

absurdexposition

Quote from: Peterson on October 02, 2016, 12:12:53 AM
Been listening to the Soundcloud samples of Taeter's "Glorious Paraphilia"C30 from No Rent. Can't fucking wait until it arrives; really bassy and heavy, nice creative use of high-end, and absolutely perverted vocals. Like an amped-out Sodality...hail Italian pervert electronics!

Awaiting my copies in the mail as well. Looking forward to it.

Currently listening to the latest Ames Sanglantes tape on Hospital. He essentially performed the whole thing last night at a "drone" event here in Montreal. Very bizarre event put on by Red Bull Music Academy: giant warehouse(s), strobe lights forever, dry ice, massive stages, massive PAs... it had everything that I imagine a rave would have, except no beats/party music... just people doing varying sets of noise/ambient/drone/electronic music. Among many other acts Away (Voivod drummer) did a solo set, Stephen O'Malley did a very short and extremely uninteresting set, and Ames Sanglantes performed in one room while Venetian Snares performed in the next, followed by Tim Hecker headlining the whole thing. I left before Hecker, but the Ames Sanglantes set was the single loudest thing I have ever witnessed. Certainly one of the best sets I've seen all year, and I think I can appreciate this tape a lot more having witnessed it in a live setting. The project has its ups and downs, but this is a definite up.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Ashmonger on September 22, 2016, 01:39:40 AM
Veriyhteys 1 (Comp CD, Sakaramiina Records): Really like most Vapaudenristi stuff and was interested to see what the other bands were like, so I got this. Vapaudenristi tracks are good, but not as good as the last album.

This material was recorded before album, being also older tracks. The other one is cover song too.

KYO "Aktuel Musik" LP
Posh Isolation
I was mentioned it is sort of electro-acoustic with jazzy stuff. Sounded odd, and not so much on jazzy mood this year, but as I happened to visit PI headquarters and got to hear snippet of the vinyl, I decided to take it. It is good, and rather interesting album. I like that improv percussion stuff is on top of electronic experimentation, rather than "same old" sax honking. There are 8 tracks, each different from another. Tape that came out also on PI, is good addition to this.

CROATIAN AMOR "Love Means Taking Action" LP
Posh Isolation
A lot of this album feels like focused on female voice. If not actually soft spoken word, then... eerie voice samples? There is vast variety of sounds, but the one specific element keeps the album together pretty well. It is more fragmented and shapeless than I was expecting, though.

LIEBESTOD "Beta Male" LP
Chrondritic Sound
USA industrial noise what sounds like you'd throw together "swedish tape noise" and Prurient that went through Danish blender, hehe.. So what we have here is little bit of early LR type.... well.. lets say, band would fit on split rather with Arv & Miljö, Broken Lights or Alleypisser than Sektion-B or Deathpile. That said, it is firmly on industrial side of things. Merely the rawness of source sounds, handmade feel of tracks, broken and rugged noises set it far away from army surplus heavy electronics. I happen to like both approaches, so it's not derogatory comment at all. It's good LP, although needs more rotation here. At first my impression was that tape that came before, might have been better! Have to spin this more to see if it was just the mood of the day..

ARDITI "Imposing Elitism" LP
Equilibrium
If you like martial music, Arditi has been on of the less cheesy bands of the genre. First of all, it's well done, but also strongly connected to fascist spirit rather than appearing as soundtrack for heroic action movie. That said, I think there has been perhaps some advancement with Arditi, what makes me like the old stuff more. It may be advanced technology, or just uniformly re-created next albums what simply results that earlier works had little bit more feeling of "innovation". For several albums, you can say Arditi knows what they want to do and know how to do it, but it has been most of all just more of the same. Maybe something little, just little, to change.

RUDOLF EB.ER "Extreme Rituals" LP
Erratum Musical
Quite surprise to pull out LP from shelves and notice it's 2012 release, when you just thought it came out "just while ago". I think I've talked of Eb.Er's material so many times, I've ran out of ways as well as purpose of repeating same terms and vocabulary. He is master in what he does. Even with seemingly repeating ideas on sounds and style of composition, this is certainly different from all the rest in terms of composition of actual piece. All elements he is known, are here, though. Disturbing album.

GEROGERIGEGEGE "Moenai hai" LP
FOAD
I had my doubts, how the long ambient tracks will work from vinyl. I must say that I probably prefer this album from LP than CD. FOAD is so good label with quality of their graphics. You won't find blurry and pixelated stuff (talking mostly of their noisecore/grind/hc/thrash reissues done well!). Perhaps back cover of LP isn't such an eyecandy due lay-out, but in terms of quality - release is pretty much flawless. It is expected, that the noisy postrock jamming works well on LP. Perhaps little bit of vinyl fuzziness just adds to character of track. Having to flip the album in that point, turns out crucial for listening process. While CD always sort of ended after rock piece, and this slowly humming quiet ambient pieces basically just resulted waiting. Both, feeling "ah, it didn't end", but with LP, it's conscious choice of changing the side, and listening the minimal tracks. The little added surface noise what comes with material like this pressed on LP, isn't bad at all.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

vomitgore

Hijokaidan - Polar Nights Live

After listening to more structured stuff for a long time, this was a very refreshing change! The material presented here is incredibly good. The balance that Hijokaidan manages to find between recognisable "instruments" and flow of harshness always amazes me. This is certainly not noise rock, but also not senseless doodling like it is found in more uninspired Noisecore. Junko's trademark screams offer a nice narration for the entire time, so that's also a huge plus. Basically, what I play Jap Noise for, most of the time: pop in the album and be entertained by nonstop Noise.

The Rita - Thousands of Dead Gods

I don't know too much about the Rita, except for their high status in HNW and all the fetishisms that are part of the project (and that includes sharks, heh). I liked the "Bodies Bear Traces of Carnal Violence" CD I got years back, but the newer stuff with Ballet feet field recordings didn't work too well for me. However, this was really nice! Heavy and drowning sound that really sucks you in, but always something happening that keeps you attentive. Don't know whether this could be labelled as HNW (also don't know whether sub-category labelling isn't more of a curse than anything else), but most modern "static noisers" should definitely listen to this attentively. It succeeds where 90% of them fail!

Treriksroset - Sexregler

Pleasant album! What I like about Swedish noise in general is the richly coloured sounds they utilise and the way it just totally differs from the typical "bashing metal and running it through x pedals" approach. "Sexregler" had an especially nice murky sound to it that reminded me a bit of Ultra Fuck.

cantle

Quote from: Peterson on October 02, 2016, 12:12:53 AM
Been listening to the Soundcloud samples of Taeter's "Glorious Paraphilia"C30 from No Rent. Can't fucking wait until it arrives; really bassy and heavy, nice creative use of high-end, and absolutely perverted vocals. Like an amped-out Sodality...hail Italian pervert electronics!

...I'm wondering why there hasn't been a Caligula031+Taeter split or collaboration...

Looked it up myself- that first track is a classic