FILTH&VIOLENCE

Started by XE, July 31, 2010, 12:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranial Blast

I'm very excited for new XE, like always! I like how unpredictable XE can be, despite hearing some others say it all sounds the same. I remember the split with Reek Of The Unzen Gas Fumes, which is quite great! XE side was like Mannerheim's meeting with Hitler under some distorted noise, which is vastly different than say Purity Through Fire, my own personal favorite, which felt like a showcase version of XE as a whole and what XE can bring! That would be my XE recommendation to those not so familiar with the project, that one seems to be the magnum opus in my opinion and enough varied material, enough feedback and enough vocal screaming command to get the full scope of whether this is for you or not. The more recent collaboration work with Zyklon SS takes on a whole new kind of beast, a good proper mix of old school PE and Industrial, so in my opinion the project is absolutely essential and easily one of the best things out there today and so therefore, I cannot wait to hear the new XE album!

FreakAnimalFinland

I think it is curious to notice, that many people have said the latest Bizarre Uproar is his best for years. Rocker had review that mentioned it. I think that Vihanmiehet new album is their best. Closer to second album, but I like louder vocals! XE new album, indeed, better than former album(s)! Not that I would have not liked previous works, but just seems factual that now every project Markkula has been creating, is not like "old men getting weaker" (what was one of his thesis for reducing live activity), but as total opposite of becoming relic that would merely rehash something, each project is pushing further! Stronger! And it doesn't happen in terms of return to sound that fans drool for, but pushing his own vision further.
I think there are more in works, and man is probably as active as he ever was, or even more active?!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 22, 2024, 05:32:55 PMI think it is curious to notice, that many people have said the latest Bizarre Uproar is his best for years. Rocker had review that mentioned it. I think that Vihanmiehet new album is their best. Closer to second album, but I like louder vocals! XE new album, indeed, better than former album(s)! Not that I would have not liked previous works, but just seems factual that now every project Markkula has been creating, is not like "old men getting weaker" (what was one of his thesis for reducing live activity), but as total opposite of becoming relic that would merely rehash something, each project is pushing further! Stronger! And it doesn't happen in terms of return to sound that fans drool for, but pushing his own vision further.
I think there are more in works, and man is probably as active as he ever was, or even more active?!

It is very exciting to witness another golden age for F&V in real time.