PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theodore

Blådåre – Fjång Av Tvång CS (2006) - Styggelse : Bladare translates to madman. It's K.Olsson - alone? - . Unchained, unleashed, manic, aggresive. Vocals, buried and distorted, a tool masterfully used, supplement to a crazy wild sound that demolishes everything on its way. Throbs running super fast, train ready to go off the rails, screeching. Is it power electronics ? Is it harsh noise ? Who cares ? Top tier display of take no prisoners. It slammed me down. - My copy has the material repeated on both sides. Going for the 4th set ...
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

re:evolution

Quote from: Earth O.D. on September 25, 2024, 10:16:28 AMGENOCIDE ORGAN "No One Is Coming" MC
 Omission of the last track due to sound issues has a new song, "War Pig Federation" rounding it up, solid stuff.

For reference "War Pig Federation" is a retitled version of "White Power Forces" which I assume was done to avoid a knee-jerk ban reaction (and noting the track was already retitled to "WPF" on the :REMEMBER: re-issue from 2007).
For context, the original title of "White Power Forces" refers to a WWII era American Army recruitment poster, and not some other racist context which is typically assumed (the army recruitment poster was reproduced in the booklet of the Genocide Organ / Rasthof Dachau – Schmerztherapie 93 VHS (although the image is not on Discogs).

noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

Earth O.D.

Quote from: re:evolution on September 26, 2024, 01:14:52 AM
Quote from: Earth O.D. on September 25, 2024, 10:16:28 AMGENOCIDE ORGAN "No One Is Coming" MC
 Omission of the last track due to sound issues has a new song, "War Pig Federation" rounding it up, solid stuff.

For reference "War Pig Federation" is a retitled version of "White Power Forces" which I assume was done to avoid a knee-jerk ban reaction (and noting the track was already retitled to "WPF" on the :REMEMBER: re-issue from 2007).
For context, the original title of "White Power Forces" refers to a WWII era American Army recruitment poster, and not some other racist context which is typically assumed (the army recruitment poster was reproduced in the booklet of the Genocide Organ / Rasthof Dachau – Schmerztherapie 93 VHS (although the image is not on Discogs).

Damn! Thank you, didn't cross my mind at all.

post-morten

Quote from: Theodore on September 25, 2024, 07:01:54 PMBlådåre – Fjång Av Tvång CS (2006) - Styggelse : Bladare translates to madman. It's K.Olsson - alone?

Fyi, "dåre" means madman. Prefixed by "blå" (blue) it would indicate a raging lunatic, agitated to the point where one (figuratively speaking) would turn blue in the face. Not a commonly used word though.

The title of the tape is pretty hilarious too. "Fjång" is slang from olden times for erection, so the title would translate to something like Compulsive Boner.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Side A.

Hermetic. Like listening to the agonal breathing of someone in the process of being mummified and sealed in a tomb for eternity.

Occult. The sounds of choking and Gregorian chants mating with whispers in long secluded chamber hallways of a doom-laden labyrinth. Quick flutters of scarab wings.

Absolutely haunting sounds yet beautiful sounds.

Unroof in the House of Fishes. Small Cruel Party.

Side B.

Like the sharpening of metal blades against a stone wheel.

The beautiful and natural frequencies of friction from two incredibly stubborn substances.

Immaculately recorded detail with a proper stereo sound stage and masterful mixing.

Unroof the House of Fishes. Small Cruel Party.

The epitome of artistic imagination, execution, and immersion. Phenomenal LP.

One of the best noise LPs of all time that never gets mentioned in this day and age. 

Penon

I have re-discovered Shock Frontier - death industrial band with only two albums on Malignant (2013 and 2017)

I have somewhat forgotten about it for the last few years and what can I say - jokes on me. Really good, noisy enough to cater to PE but heavy use of reverb also gives a atmospheric, almost cinematic, dark ambient feel. CMI-certified!

Also I like the idea of "promo video" for an album (above). This is certainly one of the "mainstream" music industry features that I would love to see normalised in industrial / noise.
Minimum Sentence - UK Industrial Electronics:
Youtube - Bandcamp - Instagram

Zeno Marx

Mental Anguish/P.C.R. 1991 - could be some confusion as I go from something new (Atrax Morgue) to something else new, but this MA is death industrial throbbing tones with metals and glass and dark synth ghosts; serendipity that I've been listening to Atrax Morgue and running into this after, as most of it is simple with great affect - blog listening to things outside my radar at the time, and this was a very easy and rewarding 30 minutes.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Jim Haynes - Inadvertent c40 (No Rent)

This release kicks off FAST! Some of the first sounds you hear are of shattered glass. A nice surprise of different source material. Heavy electronics are also very present, similar to the new WCN inconsequential CD.

Side note, has anyone else noticed Jim's fascination with the letter I for album titles the last few years? Incomplete, Insomnia, Inauspicious, Inadvertent, and Inconsequential?

As with all of Jim's releases, the quality of recording is immaculate. Everything sounds very alive and organic.

Sounds develop with playful dynamics and bottoms drop out of extremely heavy moments and shutter in the nuanced mechanical minimalism that only Jim can capture. Well.. maybe Colley as well, but it's a pretty elite club...

At times reminds me of some of the best heavy electronics artists and other times feels like voyeuristic field recordings of motors and freaky oscillators making sweet dirty love to each other.

Svartvit

Quote from: Fistfuck Masonanie on October 12, 2024, 01:43:24 AMJim Haynes - Inadvertent c40 (No Rent)

This release kicks off FAST! Some of the first sounds you hear are of shattered glass. A nice surprise of different source material. Heavy electronics are also very present, similar to the new WCN inconsequential CD.

Side note, has anyone else noticed Jim's fascination with the letter I for album titles the last few years? Incomplete, Insomnia, Inauspicious, Inadvertent, and Inconsequential?

As with all of Jim's releases, the quality of recording is immaculate. Everything sounds very alive and organic.

Sounds develop with playful dynamics and bottoms drop out of extremely heavy moments and shutter in the nuanced mechanical minimalism that only Jim can capture. Well.. maybe Colley as well, but it's a pretty elite club...

At times reminds me of some of the best heavy electronics artists and other times feels like voyeuristic field recordings of motors and freaky oscillators making sweet dirty love to each other.
Haynes & Colley really have a way of treating these types of sounds that I struggle to find elsewhere.
Svartvit - Coma Cluster - Secret(e)

Manhog_84

I was finally able to get Hospital's Mangled Clit comp and it's one amazing looking set. Very high quality digipak! There's only one track per side for each tape and songs flow into each other, like they were meant to be just one track. The only exception is the Purveyors Of Cruelty's Confession, with menacing, heavy industrial banging and spoken word. Two hours of otherwise very similar dirty noise and shouting, it's a bit hefty listen, but lovely nonetheless. Along with Final Solution, I wonder if there's more 90s NYC Power Electronics waiting to be unearthed, or is everything already reissued.

HateSermon

Cryocene "Graveside Fortress" CD-R. Dead Gods 2024.

Cryocene's "Exclave" (New Forces) was one of my top releases of 2021 so this new one was an instant grab. In fact it was the only merch I bought at FLAW fest. 3 long tracks of layered industrial noise. Nice and moody synth work underlies piles of scrap metal abuse and loops. Both artists involved are known for being at the top of the game in American harsh noise but you won't really find all out harsh blast in this release. More restrained and intentional with a cold and dreadful atmosphere. Comes in a DVD style case with large printed insert. Special shout out to Dead Gods' print job on this... the cover looks like it may have been an emulsion transfer? They're one of those labels that puts a little extra thought in presentation and I appreciate that.

PSYWARRIOR84

Quote from: HateSermon on October 15, 2024, 06:54:51 PMCryocene "Graveside Fortress" CD-R. Dead Gods 2024.

Cryocene's "Exclave" (New Forces) was one of my top releases of 2021 so this new one was an instant grab. In fact it was the only merch I bought at FLAW fest.

How was FLAW Fest?

HateSermon

Quote from: PSYWARRIOR84 on October 15, 2024, 07:48:29 PM
Quote from: HateSermon on October 15, 2024, 06:54:51 PMCryocene "Graveside Fortress" CD-R. Dead Gods 2024.

Cryocene's "Exclave" (New Forces) was one of my top releases of 2021 so this new one was an instant grab. In fact it was the only merch I bought at FLAW fest.

How was FLAW Fest?

Overall really good. It was pretty ambitious to pull off but I think it worked. My only critique would be to break the fest up into 2 full days since Saturday was a whopping 20 artists... basically getting face fucked with harsh noise all day. Friday was a pre-fest and a little shorter. I wish there were either less projects or more variation because after a while a lot of the projects started to sound the same. The Rita was fucking incredible -- live mascara, tights, and ballet worship with a backdrop of harsh engine sounds. I think he was using some sort of kid's motorcycle toy handle to create this sort of revving sound. The performance by his counterpart was captivating... slowly putting on mascara and ripping her tights. Erotic and tense. Even going out into the crowd and interacting with them. Psywarfare was also great. Blasting sparks into the audience with an angle grinder... man the look on some of these people's faces was priceless. One girl in particular was terrified. Nice to have a sense of unrestrained danger at the end of the night! Dilloway was also incredible with the rocking chair noises and 8 track loops. Some similarities to his legendary performance at Amplified Humans Fest. BLJ, VWBH, Heat Signature, Paranoid Time, and Meketa also had noteworthy performances. Videos of each set will be on youtube soon. The whole fest was filmed.

PSYWARRIOR84

Quote from: HateSermon on October 15, 2024, 08:15:22 PM
Quote from: PSYWARRIOR84 on October 15, 2024, 07:48:29 PM

How was FLAW Fest?

Overall really good. It was pretty ambitious to pull off but I think it worked. My only critique would be to break the fest up into 2 full days since Saturday was a whopping 20 artists... basically getting face fucked with harsh noise all day. Friday was a pre-fest and a little shorter. I wish there were either less projects or more variation because after a while a lot of the projects started to sound the same. The Rita was fucking incredible -- live mascara, tights, and ballet worship with a backdrop of harsh engine sounds. I think he was using some sort of kid's motorcycle toy handle to create this sort of revving sound. The performance by his counterpart was captivating... slowly putting on mascara and ripping her tights. Erotic and tense. Even going out into the crowd and interacting with them. Psywarfare was also great. Blasting sparks into the audience with an angle grinder... man the look on some of these people's faces was priceless. One girl in particular was terrified. Nice to have a sense of unrestrained danger at the end of the night! Dilloway was also incredible with the rocking chair noises and 8 track loops. Some similarities to his legendary performance at Amplified Humans Fest. BLJ, VWBH, Heat Signature, Paranoid Time, and Meketa also had noteworthy performances. Videos of each set will be on youtube soon. The whole fest was filmed.
That sounds like an amazing fest/experience. Hopefully they have another FLAW Fest, I'd travel for something like that!

InspiratoryStridor.

I was at FLAW, too. Amazing couple of days. I gripped the new Cryocene as well, among other things. Haven't listened yet, but most excited about the Action/Discipline tape released for the fest, as their set on Friday was a highlight for me. Also came away with a renewed appreciation for John Wiese, I thought he was excellent.